At this point, it seems the rumors that George Clooney is engaged to Amal Alamuddin are no longer rumors. It's being reported far and wide and in the most credible of publications. So if you had dreams of someday snagging Mr. Clooney for yourself, we're sorry to say all bets are off (for now at least).
The "huge" ring Alamuddin wore while dining at Nobu with Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber is what first sparked the rumors. The same evening, Clooney and Alamuddin apparently ran into Ed Norton at the restaurant and told him they were engaged.
Clooney's whirlwind romance with Amal Alamuddin has only been going on for 7 months so this might be the first time you're even hearing of her -- or at least paying attention.
So who is Amal Alamuddin exactly -- and what's she got that you don't?
- Amal was born in Beirut, Lebanon.
- She's 36.
- She was educated at St. Hughes College at Oxford University and New York University School of Law.
- She's an attorney (barrister) in Britain, where she specializes in human rights, extradition, and international law. Her high-profile clients have included: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, and the King of Bahrain.
- She speaks 3 languages -- English, Arabic, and French.
- Last year, she was number 1 on London's Hottest Barrister list.
- Amal's mother, Baria, is an award-winning journalist. She's interviewed Bill Clinton, Margaret Thatcher, and Fidel Castro. (Looks like she was a great role model for her daughter.)
More from The Stir: George Clooney Is Engaged! OMG! What Is Amal Alamuddin THINKING?!
Those are just the basics. If you want to learn more about her, we're sure she'll be all over the news in the next few days. Note that she did have a twitter account, but it has suddenly vanished, and there are already imposters in her place. This was the real one:
Amal works for, and writes for ilawyerblog.com if you want to check that out. (Think articles on international justice, not selfies with George.)
Do you think Amal Alamuddin is the perfect match for George Clooney? Or do you think he should have proposed to you?