It seems everyone can't help but fall in love with Lupita Nyong'o. Including her boyfriend! That's right, the gorgeous, well-spoken, talented, pretty much perfect, 31-year-old Oscar-winning actress is dating Somali-born rapper K'naan. Since September! Of course, it's well known that she brought her brother along with her to the Oscars, who was featured in that famous Ellen selfie. She wanted to keep her relationship under wraps during awards season, and you can't blame her for that. Rumors flew about her dating K'naan a few days ago when she was seen in pictures and at events with him, but apparently their relationship is now "official" (at least according to US Weekly)!
So who is this lucky guy K'naan, and what do we know about him? Gather round, ye mere mortals, and let's talk about what soon may become the next beautiful A-list couple.
1. K'naan's full name is Keinan Abdi Warsame and he is 36 years old.
2. He's a Somali Canadian poet, rapper, and singer. His most famous single is called "Wavin' Flag" and is best known as Coca-Cola's anthem for the 2010 World Cup.
4. He and his family moved to New York City when he was 13, then they moved on to Canada to the Rexdale neighborhood. His family still lives there. As a child, he witnessed the murders of friends and loved ones.
5. He was arrested more than 12 times in his teens, but he has cleaned up his act since then. He no longer drinks or smokes.
6. When he was on 2008 BET Awards Cypher, it was his first appearance on American television.
7. K'naan was married to Deqa Warsame, a pharmacy technician. He has two sons with her, but they divorced before he started touring for the World Cup.
8. He's published a children's book, When I Get Older: The Story Behind Wavin' Flag.
9. He's a social activist, becoming a spokesman with Bono to raise awareness of the Eastern Africa drought in 2011. He's also a proponent of the Canadian Bill C-393 to help increase medical assistance to Africa.
10. K'naan has made four studio albums, one live album, one extended play, and 21 singles, and he has won multiple awards. Such a busy, talented guy!
Reportedly, he and Lupita are taking things slow, but apparently they have bonded over their passion about African issues. She has yet to meet his kids! Wonder what Jared Leto thinks about all of this?
What do you think about Lupita's romance? Think K'naan is a good guy for her?
Image via Instagram