She got all of Bachelor Nation on her team for reading Bachelor Juan Pablo Galavis the riot act after their night together in the fantasy suite, and now, Andi Dorfman is about to begin her own journey as the next Bachelorette. Hooray! But after the doozy of a season we just went through with JPG, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more than a few fans out there who are super-skeptical about not just the assistant district attorney's play for true love, but the franchise as a whole ...
Still, we know that we'll be tuning in on May 19. Here, five reasons why Andi could very well end up being one of the most entertaining Bachelorettes of all time ...
- She's brilliant ... and is looking for an equally intelligent partner. The woman is a lawyer who made an amazing impression on America by saying she wants a man who cares about her opinion on religion and politics. Hopefully, that means her dates aren't going to be filled with flaky, fluffy, surface-level conversations, and we'll see legit sparks fly!
- She's tough. Thus, I don't see guys pulling the wool over her eyes, the way they've managed to in seasons past (I'm looking at you, Ben Scott!). And I feel like she WILL call them out if they try to.
- She's a straight shooter. While she really does seem open to the process, I wouldn't be surprised if Andi walks away without a ring on it, if she's not feeling 100 percent sure about making the last man standing her husband. Not that we're hoping for another hot mess finale, but it would be nice to see the show get a bit more real, and I'm sure Andi will bring a dose of actual reality to the table.
- Her father, Hy, pulls no punches. We can see where Andi got her penchant for straight talk from! Just like Desiree Hartsock's brother Nate, Hy will be the one to watch as he cross-examines Andi's hometown dates!
- She's not willing to settle. I don't see her being so desperate for love that she'll talk herself into a relationship (engagement, especially) that isn't genuine. So hopefully, whatever we see play out will be the real deal.
How do you feel about Andi as The Bachelorette? What are you most looking forward to seeing in her season?
Image via ABC