I MUST be living under a rock. Somehow, I've been completely in the dark about Kacey Musgraves, the light-up-boots-wearing country singer who arguably stole the show at last night's Grammy Awards. Now she's ... everywhere. One second Kacey was up on stage singing about lighting up a joint while showing off her killer gams in a short dress with large gems on it, and the next she was stealing the award for Best Country Album from Taylor Swift. So the question's natural: Is 25-year-old Kasey Musgraves going to steal Taylor's spot as leading country artist, too?
Well if last night's any indication ... she just might. Learn a little bit about country music's newest sweetheart with these 7 things to know about Kacey Musgraves:
1. She was on Nashville Star: ... and she lost. At the ripe age of 18, Kacey was eliminated in week 3 during season 5 of the show back in 2007. The winner? Angela Hacker. Surprise surprise, I've never heard anything about her, either.
2. She's got some motivation: Before ever appearing on the reality singing competition, Kacey self-released three albums. THREE!
3. Texas-born: Kacey was born in Mineola, Texas.
4. She's the big time: Kacey tied Lorde and Swift for the most nominations received by a woman in 2014, four Grammy nominations to be exact. And here I was, thinking Beyonce was the poo and all.
5. She'll be touring with Katy Perry: Katy excitedly took to Twitter last night after Kacey's performance:
I'm so happy @KaceyMusgraves is going on tour with me. I want a pair of my own light up boots! ðï¿½ï¿½µ— Katy Perry (@katyperry) January 27, 2014
6. She won "New Artist of the Year": At last year's CMA Awards. So apparently, Kacey is on a roll right about now.
7. She's already worked with some big names: Kacey helped write Martina McBride's "When You Love a Sinner" and Miranda Lambert's "Mama's Broken Heart" back in 2011.
Watch some of Kacey's 2014 Grammy Awards performance of "Follow Your Arrow" here:
Are you a fan of Kacey?
Image via theGRAMMYs/Twitter