As you may have heard, Ashlee Simpson got engaged last night. To a dude named Evan Ross.
Evan Ross? Who the hell is Evan Ross?!
I know! I never heard of this guy before yesterday either. But, thanks to a little digging, I know all about this guy now. Well, as much as you can know a guy from things you find out about him on the Internet.
Here are five things to know about Ashlee Simpson's fiance.
1. He's rooted in fame. Evan's mother is the legendary Diana Ross. I know, not too shabby. His father is Norwegian businessman and mountaineer Arne Næss, Jr. Arne was sadly killed in a climbing accident in South Africa in 2004.
2. He's, duh, a musician. Ross released his first R&B/Pop single in February 2011, called "Yes Me." He also appeared in Notorious B.I.G.'s video "Nasty Girl" and Lionel Richie's video "Just Go."
3. He's, less duh, an actor. That's right, Ross is a slashie. In addition to being a musician, he appeared in the film ATL with T.I. and Big Boi and Pride. Evan also played a troubled teen in Life Support with Queen Latifah. He received critical acclaim for his role in 96 Minutes, which won him a “Breakthrough Performance” award at the 2011 SXSW Film Festival; he has a recurring role as Charlie Selby on 90210; and he was cast in the role of Massella in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 &2.
4. He's been dating Ashlee since July 2013. Ashlee and Evan have known each other through mutual music friends for about 10 years, but only started dating last summer.
5. He seems super excited to take on the role of dad. Over the Christmas holiday, Evan tweeted: "Can't wait! Christmas with my baby @ashleesimpson and Bronx spending xmas with mom.! Can'twait! It's a family affair!" Awwww.
Image via Jamie McCarthy/Getty