Celebrities don't live by the same rules as the rest of us. Not only do they often live super luxurious lifestyles, there is another big difference. No one EVER tells them no and an army of minions works tirelessly to fulfill their every request. So we have come to expect these over-the-top backstage demands from music stars. However, Katy Perry's list is perhaps the most unusual we've ever seen.
TMZ got its hands on the contract listing Katy's must-haves for her New Year's Eve concert at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. Backstage, she wanted:
- fresh veggies AT ALL TIMES -- including spinach/broccoli/celery/beets/carrots/kale, etc.
- two large baskets of fruit -- one must be tropical.
- dinner must include a vegetarian option ... plus quinoa or couscous.
- ALL meals must be low-fat and health conscious and cannot contain MSG.
In her dressing room, there had to be:
- fresh organic grown fruit (including SLICED pineapple, mango, kiwis, etc.)
- fresh cut crudites (cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, snap peas & celery ... plus ranch dip)
- healthy granola
- dried figs
- whole grain tortilla chips
- large bowl hummus
- fresh made guacamole
- 2 bottles of Pinot Grigio and 1 Argentine Malbec
What's so crazy about that? Well, it's most astonishing for what it doesn't have. The fact that it's not obnoxious is pretty noteworthy. It's healthy and reasonable. Each and every single one of these things could be picked up from a local grocery store. No special water flown in from the arctic or pink velvet covered walls. Such a surprise when you compare it to other stars’ outrageous requests. Among the craziest?
Madonna needs brand new toilet seats wherever she performs.
Justin Timberlake has a minder go around every two hours disinfecting door knobs.
Jennifer Lopez demands that her coffee be stirred counter-clockwise.
Britney Spears charges a $5,000 fee to the venue if the phone rings in her dressing room.
Mariah Carey wants bottles of Vitaminwater to bathe her dog. She also reportedly wants a fridge filled with Cristal champagne and bendy straws to drink it with.
Kanye West demands that anyone driving him around wear only 100 percent cotton and "no man-made fibers."
Lady Gaga requested a mannequin with puffy pink pubic hair.
Cher requires a separate room for ALL of her wigs.
Punk rocker Iggy Pop once asked for seven short people dressed up as characters from Snow White and a Bob Hope impersonator.
Prince reportedly required all the items in his dressing room to be covered in clear plastic wrap.
Barbra Streisand apparently asks that her hotels place rose petals in her toilet bowl.
What other crazy celeb demands have you heard about?
Image via Getty