'Bachelor' Season 18 Teasers: Juan Pablo Dishes on His Wedding Plans & More
by Maressa Brown
December 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM
2014 is right around the corner (can you believe it?!), which means The Bachelor season 18 premiere is really just days away now! Juan Pablo Galavis aka JuanPabs' season begins Monday, January 6 at 8 p.m. and of course that means spoilers are already hitting the web. (Not that they're necessarily to be trusted ... look what happened at Reality Steve's prediction for Des last time! Ouch.) But what about what Juan Pablo has to say about what we can expect?
Juan Pablo did a conference call with reporters last week and spilled enough to have us really psyched for what's to come! Here, five juicy teasers from the next Bachelor himself ...
- Looks like there's a wedding in his near future! When asked if he has a wedding, if he would invite Chris and Des, Juan Pablo took the scenario quite seriously and sounded rather confident about the possibility. "Well, I'll see if she invites me to her wedding first, and if she doesn't invite me, then I'll think about it -- maybe I won't invite her. But I think [Chris] will invite me. So, yes, I'll invite them of course. Why not, you know?" I'll bet he is engaged!
- The way Juan Pablo approaches dates may be different from what we're used to. The former soccer player explained, "I'm Venezuelan and I'm so different [than] Americans. I don't even worry about first dates, second date, third dates. I kiss on the second date, because I wanted to kiss her in the first date, because I want to do dinner and then we do this and -- no. ... You know, I am just more natural than in the States." That should be fun to watch!
- He may have had his heart broken along the way. When asked if he had experienced heartbreak in the process, the ABC publicist interjected and said he couldn't answer that. Sounds like the answer must've been yes, then, eh? But being the smooth operator that he is, JuanPabs responded, "You have to be mature. You have to be smart, you have to be realistic in this whole situation, honestly, you know? Because you have 27 people and the more mature you are, the better it's going to end up." Interesting ... Could he be speaking to the temptation to fall for someone attractive but not necessarily wife/stepmom material? Guess we'll have to wait and see.
- He admits he was nervous. "It's intimidating, having 27 women looking at you like a piece of something. You know, it's funny too ... There's one of the commercials that says, 'Oh my God, 27.' When I get to the side of the room and they were all looking at me, I was like, 'Oh, okay, this is serious. I don't know what I'm going to do now with all these people looking at me.' So, [I] was more nervous just when I step in front of the mansion and the limo start pulling off." Eh, that's perfectly natural!
- He shared how the show is going to have a different vibe thanks to his culture and background. "I am the Bachelor, and I am a Latino, and obviously it's going to be me. So, there's going to be a lot of Latino things in the show -- a lot, you know, just me. And it's going to be great It's going to be a lot of food, a lot of dancing, a lot of stuff. I'm going to tell you, it's going to be so different that you're going to love it." Sounds muy caliente to us!
What are you most looking forward to seeing on JuanPabs' season?
Image via ABC & Juan Pablo Galavis/Instagram
Click the "Like" button below if you're a fan of The Bachelor(ette)