Jeez ... maybe it's a terrible idea to ban singing Christmas carols at schools? Because no one knows any of the words to any Christmas carols anymore!! Just take a look at this hilarious video featuring Amy Poehler and Billy Eichner running through the streets of New York City asking random passersby to sing carols with them. It'll be the best four minutes of your day, trust me.
As long as you can handle Bill's spazztastic, frantic yelling and screaming and running around while Amy tries to keep up, you'll soon see what I'm talking about. Perhaps these people they accosted just crumbled under all the pressure and spontaneity ... or perhaps they don't celebrate Christmas ... but still! You'd think mostly everyone would know what one gets from their true love on the first day of Christmas.
Regardless, it's one of those videos that you'll most likely forget about tomorrow, but it's good for a hearty, holiday laugh today. Enjoy!
Here it is:
Side note: The mentality of New Yorkers is kind of amazing, isn't it? Here are these two crazypeople dressed up running down the street with a camera singing at the top of their lungs and some of them barely even look up. Anyway, minus the fact that a lot of the folks had no idea what the lyrics are to some classic carols, here are some other hilarious moments:
- "Stop trying to be funny. We do the jokes!"
- "No! The snow!" ... "No" ... "Not dashing through the no" ... "No! No! The man will not say snow!"
- "Arrow?! No! No! Not dealing with that bull shit name! Arrow! Oh hi I'm The Flash!"
- "Happy birthday!"
- "For a dollar, do you want to sing Christmas carols with me and Amy Poehler?" ....... "NO."
- (Gotta love how Tom sneakily snuck away from these obnoxious carolers. Good for you, Tom.)
- "No, he's a Hasidic Jew, no, he didn't want to sing about Jesus. Forget it. Hanukkah is over, babe, deal with it!"
- "Do you know her?" "No." "You don't know me? You know me. YOU KNOW ME. YOU KNOW ME."
Seriously, how can you not know Amy?! She's the best and yet again proves why she's one of the funniest women in show business. Glad to see Billy and Amy spreading some Christmas cheer in their ... own ... unique ... way. Now step away from the computer and get a refresher on all those Christmas carol lyrics!
Would you sing Christmas carols with Amy Poehler for a dollar?
Image via Fuse/YouTube