Have you been following this Alec Baldwin stalker madness? While it's hard to believe that anyone would go to the trouble of stalking the cranky star, wannabe actress Genevieve Sabourin is on trial for stalking and harassment, and her behavior is so out-of-control, you really get a sense of what Alec claims he's gone through in the past 18 months. To sum it up: Alec says that Genevieve stalked him relentlessly for over a year, after she mistook his interest in her career for romantic overture. Genevieve, however, claims the two had an affair (while he was dating now-wife Hilaria) and she merely wanted "closure."
More from The Stir: Alec Baldwin’s Baby Sounds Like a Hot-Head Just Like You-Know-Who
Here are some of the highlights of the real life soap opera thus far:
- Alec claims he first met Genevieve when she was the publicist for one of his movies. They had lunch with a mutual friend. Harmless enough. BUT WAIT!
- Ten years later, Alec says that a friend of his, producer Martin Bregman, who was supposedly having an affair with her, asked Alec to give her some career advice. Alec, being the good guy he is (??), agreed to have dinner with her.
- Here's where the two diverge dramatically: Genevieve says they started an affair. Alec says he only emailed her and gave her his phone number to give her acting advice.
- Genevieve threatened to join yoga teacher Hilaria's classes. Hilaria switched them around. She sends Hilaria threatening messages on Twitter.
CLOSE UP on Hilaria:
I'VE NEVER BEEN SO AFRAID IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.
- Genevieve showed up at Alec's Hamptons house with her belongings in tow on the day that he proposed to Hilaria. Alec testified that he was worried she had a gun. He told his fiancee to run and call the police. She left before they arrived.
- A few days later, Genevieve showed up at Lincoln Center, where Alec and Hilaria were. She tried to rush toward Hilaria. Security escorted her out.
- A few days later, Genevieve showed up at his doorman building and told the doorman that Alec was expecting her. When he called Alec's apartment and got Hilaria on the phone, Genevieve called her a "prostitute" and began berating her and saying she would have Alec's child. She was arrested.
- This was the last straw for Alec, who pressed stalking and harassment charges against her.
- Alec denies on the stand that he ever had sexual relations with Genevieve. She screams, "You're a liar!"
CLOSE UP on Genevieve:
THEN HOW DO I KNOW ABOUT THE SCAR ON YOUR HIP, ALEC?!
Yes, she actually yelled this out in court. How does she know? Is there a scar? (Stay tuned for cross examination!)
- Genevieve continually interrupts the proceedings, yelling and screaming and bursting into hysterical laughter.
CLOSE UP on Alec:
MAYBE I WILL TURN HER PHONE MESSAGES INTO A PLAY.
Yes, he said this.
- Martin, the man who supposedly introduced the two, denies he ever had a relationship with Genevieve.
CLOSE UP on Martin:
HE'S LYING ABOUT ME HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH HER. HE WAS SCREWING TWO WOMEN, ONE OF THEM IS HIS PRESENT WIFE AND THE OTHER ONE, I PRESUME, WAS THE GIRL IN QUESTION.
Yep, actual quote.
- Genevieve gets into a scuffle with court officers outside of the courthouse and arrives to court upset. She interrupts her own lawyer so many times that the judge holds her in contempt and gives her 30 days in jail.
Whew. And it's not close to being over! So far, no evil twin has showed up, but I wouldn't count it out. Let's be thankful Alec doesn't have a pet bunny or I suspect it would have ended up boiling in a pot. If you've seen A Woman Scorned: The Betty Broderick Story, this could end badly.
What do you think will happen next?
Update: Genevieve has reportedly been sentenced to 210 days in jail. Hopefully that will be enough to cool her ardor.
Image via Astrid Stawiarz/Getty