If you're not used to mid-week awards shows, you might have missed the Country Music Awards on Wednesday night. And talk about a show not to be missed! The 2013 CMAs may be a lot cleaner and classier than the VMAs (ahem, Miley), but hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood ensured they were just as much fun. So now for the big question: who were the big winners of the 2013 CMAs, and who were the losers?
Turn up your speakers and let's dig in, shall we?
First, the winners:
1. Duck Dynasty -- Willie Robertson twerking with Carrie Underwood was epic. And at least he had the good grace to do it with his tongue IN his mouth! Not to mention the "new hit" "Duck Blinds" makes us so much LESS uncomfortable than the lyrics of "Blurred Lines."
2. Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert -- The royal couple of country music took home Male and Female Vocalist of the Year (respectively). They scored the night's cutest moment when cameras caught Blake singing along in the crowd as Miranda and Keith Urban sang their hit "We Were Us."
3. Kacey Musgraves -- The 25-year-old newcomer wowed with her performance of "Follow Your Arrow" and walked off with new artist of the year.
4. Florida Georgia Line -- They won single and vocal duo of the year, AND they got to share the stage with a sparkly Luke Bryan.
5. Army Sgt. 1st Class Jared Monti -- The US Army soldier earned the Medal of Honor for his heroic actions in Afghanistan, but sadly did not make it back home to his family. His sacrifice was remembered when Lee Brice won Country Music Song of the Year for "I Drive Your Truck," a song about Monti's dad, Paul, who still does drive his son's vehicle. A beautiful tribute to a true hero.
6. Taylor Swift -- She took home the prestigious Pinnacle Award, but in bigger news, she got to share the stage with Vince Gill and Alison Krauss, co-performing her hit "Red." With those kind of backup singers, it's safe to say you've made it, girlfriend.
7. The Fashion Industry -- Based solely off Carrie Underwood's 10 costume changes during the night, it's safe to say the fashion world is doing OK. Let's get those knock-offs in production!
8. Faith Hill and Tim McGraw -- It was Tim drawing the big awards (musical event and music video of the year for "Highway Don't Care"), but the applause when they came out together really just said it all!
9. P. Diddy -- Didn't expect to see HIM at the CMAs, but it worked! And he got a little plug for his new music channel Revolt, where we're hoping to hear a little twang, right Diddy?
10. George Strait -- He won entertainer of the year. 'Nuff said!
More From The Stir: 'Duck Dynasty' Star Pulls a Miley Cyrus at Country Music Awards (VIDEO)
And how about a few losers?
1. Obamacare -- The government healthcare system got hammered by Paisley and Underwood with their hilarious new country "hit," "Obamacare By Morning." We're waiting for it to hit iTunes (Apple, are you listening?):
2. Kelly Clarkson's red dress -- I love Kelly. Love, love, love her, but that dress was just so wrong for her. It made her look short and dumpy instead of the gorgeous creature she is!
3. Miley Cyrus -- No, she wasn't there, but Paisley and Underwood more or less turned their opening into a Miley roast!
4. Taylor Swift -- Yes, she had a good night overall, but what was with that Pinnacle Award acceptance speech? She knew it was coming, couldn't she have prepared a little more?
5. Kim Kardashian jokes. Paisley and Underwood worked some hilarious bits into their act, but their joke about North West somehow marrying a supposed Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert baby named South East just fell flat. Maybe they needed Lady Antebellum's "Compass"?
What was your favorite moment of the night?
Image via Jason Davis/Getty Images