In these uncertain times, there are only so many irrefutable facts we can all agree are ... um, irrefutable. Like, the sky is blue, rain is wet, and Alexander Skarsgard has his pick of women. Riiight?? I mean, I think it's safe to say there aren't too many ladies out there who'd actually turn the dude down. So now that we've established Skarsgard's IRREFUTABLE power of unlimited choice, let's take a look at who's lining up in the hopes of being chosen right now: Taylor Swift and Katie Holmes. And no, I'm not just throwing those names out there because those two women happen to be filming a movie in South Africa with him right now (The Giver); there are actual bonafide rumors (in Star magazine, fine, but still) that Holmes and Swift are "fighting over" Skarsgard, and who the hell can blame them??
Supposedly, “Film insiders say that both women are vying to win [Skarsgard] over. Taylor is like a giddy schoolgirl around Alex, and Katie is also very into him.”
Now, you may or may not recall, but I did sort of predict this whole thing. Well, I predicted the Taylor Swift part, anyway, and strongly suggested Skarsgard choose an alternate co-star, the obvious contender being Katie Holmes (although Meryl Streep looks pretty damn good for her age!). But it's true -- Katie Holmes is a much, much better choice for ASkars! Here's why:
1. Katie Holmes has never, to our knowledge, written a vengeful tune about an ex-boyfriend.
2. Katie Holmes is older and wiser -- and after what she's been through, would probably genuinely appreciate a non-couch-jumping guy like Skarsgard.
3. Katie Holmes needs somebody to distract her from Jamie Foxx, who's a little too much like Tom Cruise, don't you think?
4. Katie Holmes is a mom, and Alexander Skarsgard is totally good with kids. What Maisie Knew, hello?
5. Katie Holmes is not Taylor Swift.
There, I've made my case. Choose wisely, Alexander. Choose wisely.
Do you think Katie Holmes would make a better girlfriend for Alexander Skargsard than Taylor Swift?
Images via Getty