Friends, fans, we are just days away from the Scandal season 3 premiere! Is October 3 circled in bright red lipstick on your calendar? The episode is called "It's Handled," which is about to become my new catchphrase for every situation. ("Mom, can I have some more milk, please?" "IT'S HANDLED, SON.") I may be a teensy bit too excited about Scandal starting up again, but can you blame me? It's Scandal! a;sldkfjwoeiarj;wodkfj!!!!
Okay, I'll calm down. I'm not obsessed or anything, but just because I thought you'd like to know, I've come up with a bunch of new Scandal season 3 spoilers to share. Creator Shonda Rimes has threatened to "handle" anyone who spills too many details, and yet she and the actors cannot help talking about the upcoming season anyway.
1. Jake will NOT leave Olivia Pope alone. I mentioned in my other Scandal spoilers post that we'd be seeing more of our favorite spy. Now the actor who plays him, Scott Foley, is suggesting he might be getting it on with Olivia again. Yesss!!! He says we're going to find out more about Jake and Fitz's relationship. "And interestingly enough, maybe explore ... I don't know ... maybe explore the bit of a love triangle that was happening last season that everyone hated so f***ing much." For the record, Scott Foley, I so did not hate the love triangle so f***ing much.
2. Quinn goes to the dark side. Apparently Huck's tutoring was a little too effective and Quinn is starting to make him worry. Actor Guillermo Diaz says, "He's created a monster. He doesn't know how he's gonna get her out of it ... she likes the dark side a little bit too much, you know?" We may even see a romantic spark between Huck and Quinn. Actress Katie Lowes says she's open to it, anyway. "Whatever is thrown at us, we will take it on and we will grab it and we will do with it what we will."
3. Fitz may be the sane one. Um, what? Are we talking about Mr. Scotch for breakfast? Actor Tony Goldwyn says, "Fitz is kind of trying to regain his center. I think he's kind of the calm in the storm, in a way. He's really determined to be a stabilizing force, if that's even possible, because everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off. And Fitz is not having that. We'll see him trying to think clear-headedly, even though that's extremely difficult because he gets kind of buffeted at every turn." Yeah ... isn't he largely responsible for that storm?
4. Mellie might actually be ... nice. Shonda Rimes says the first couple are "still together" and that "Mellie is in caretaking mode." She left out the little detail about Mellie being lobotomized, right? Because I always thought Mellie didn't have a nurturing bone in her body. But (shrug) I guess we'll see!
5. Whoever you think is the source of the leak, you're wrong. It'll be a surprise. Rhimes says, "There's a lot to be dealt with there and in true Scandal style, whatever you think we're going to do, we're not going to do." Oh Shonda, I would expect nothing less.
6. Flashbacks to Olivia's past. "You're going to learn a lot about Olivia's past," Kerry Washington says. "It's really shocking." Something shocking on Scandal? Nooo, do tell. We'll get some of those revelations through flashbacks, and of course, we'll see a lot more of Olivia's dad.
Do any of these spoilers surprise you?
Image via ABC