We are counting down the minutes, seconds, and the ... whatever comes after seconds (nanoseconds? milliseconds, perhaps?) until October arrives. While Halloween is an awesome holiday (read: free candy), we're probably more excited about the month's other big event -- the season 5 premiere of The Vampire Diaries.
While Stefan being locked in a safe in a lake is all sorts of suspenseful, we'd be lying if we didn't admit to being even more amped to see Elena and Damon (Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder) being all couple-tastic and carving their names into trees while sharing pancakes and Chapstick. You know. Couple stuff.
That said, let's be real -- Damon does have a tendency toward self-sabotage. And Ian Somerhalder's recent dish session about the future of Delena isn't making us feel all that hopeful either.
With Damon, you just never know. It's like he got the self-destructive Salvatore genes, and Stefan got all the emo ones. Ian Somerhalder subtly hinted recently that however this season unfolds, it won't all be smooth sailing for the lovebirds:
To be in love with this woman who really broke your heart, and then all of a sudden to find a woman who is identical in every way, shape and form, who is 160 years his junior ... bear in mind that this is The Vampire Diaries, so people being happy for long doesn’t exist.
We knew it. Damon's going to blow it. Here are five things Damon could do to mess up his burgeoning relationship with Elena.
1. Spend an entire night swilling scotch and staring at the flames in his fireplace completely forgetting that it is their two-month anniversary.
2. Kill a new waiter at the Grill when Elena’s entrée arrives cold.
3. Break Jeremy's neck ... again. There's only so much murdering of one's family a girl can take.
4. Stops wearing fitted v-neck tees, favoring instead bulky, "Cosby-style" sweaters, thus causing Elena's desire for him to dwindle.
5. Takes the newly human Katherine under his wing. It's like my mama always says -- once a heart-breaking, evil doppelganger, always a heart-breaking, evil doppelganger.
What do you think the future holds for Damon and Elena?
Image via Instagram
Going to baseball games
Riding bike rides in the nice weather
Playing outside after work/school
Going for walks outside