It happened. It really happened. 'NSYNC got back together. After rumors of an 'NSYNC reunion went wild last week projecting that the '90s boyband would reunite for the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, fans' wildest dreams came true. Justin Timberlake was joined mid-performance by the other four original members of the best boyband to come out of the 1990s (sorry, Backstreet Boys and 98 Degrees): J.C. Chasez, Lance Bass, Joey Fatone, and Chris Krikpatrick. It. Was. Epic.
OK, so it wasn't all fun and games. The whole reunion was an emotional rollercoaster. Thus I present you with the 8 stages of emotion that grownup 'NSYNC fans went through (including myself) because of last night's big reunion:
1. Hyped up: When fans first heard about the big 'NSYNC reunion possibility:
2. Nervous as hell: In an effort to calm down, fans spent a majority of their Sunday doing this:
3. Impatient: As the VMAs begin, fans start to wonder how long it's going to be until Justin's performance. Don't people understand that 'NSYNC enthusiasts have bedtimes?
4. Screamtastic: FINALLY, Jimmy Fallon announces it's Justin's time to shine:
5. Worried: After 10 minutes or so, fans everywhere start to get worried if this "'NSYNC reunion" is one major lie. Blood begins to boil, fans start writing hate mail to every gossip magazine and website that every existed.
6. FULL FREAKOUT: ... and then ... after "Take Back the Night," "SexyBack," "Like I Love You," "My Love," "Cry Me a River," "Senorita," AND "Rock Your Body," ... IT HAPPENED. THE 'NSYNC REUNION WAS REAL:
7. Wait, that was it? We waited a full ten years for two little bits of "Girlfriend" and "Bye Bye Bye"?
8. Horny: Regardless, the performance left fans feeling like this:
Can you relate? If you missed last night's performance, check it out here:
Did you watch last night? Did you love it?
Images via Rick Diamond/ Getty Images, Tumblr