Is Derek Jeter engaged?! Rumors are swirling that the handsome Yankees shortstop popped the question to girlfriend Hannah Davis, who was spotted wearing a ginormous diamond ring on her engagement finger. An engagement ring expert even confirmed -- yep! -- it's an engagement ring. But neither Jeter or Davis is talking. Jeter is quite the ladies' man -- he's dated everyone from Jessica Alba to Mariah Carey to Minka Kelly -- but he is respected for keeping his trap shut about it. Reportedly, Hannah has been wearing the sparkler since July (and we're just noticing??). Here are seven things you might want to know about the potential future Mrs. Jeter.
1. Hannah is a 23-year-old Sports Illustrated model. Of course she is!!! Did you think that Derek Jeter would propose to, say, a 35-year-old lawyer??
2. Hannah was signed to a modeling contract at 14 years old!
3. The tall (5 feet, 10 inches) blonde grew up in sunny St. Thomas, in the Virgin Islands.
4. Hannah has modeled for Victoria's Secret, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, American Eagle, and Levi's. She does commercials for DirecTV Genie.
5. She's been on numerous magazine covers, including for Elle, Ocean Drive, and Fitness.
6. She's in the 2013 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition.
7. She's been called "the next Kate Upton" -- I'm just not sure by who. Hey, I think I'm going to call myself the next Kate Upton. Why not? Who's going to stop me? (Watch for a dirty dancing video with Terry Richardson a la Kate's "Cat Daddy.")
I trawled all through Hannah's Twitter page (an onerous task, let me assure you) for a sign of the legendary Yank, but no luck. Jeter must make 'em sign some sort of confidentiality agreement!
All the best to Derek and Hannah -- if they're really engaged. And indeed even if they're not. Hey, it would have been awesome to see 39-year-old Jeter with a woman his own age -- or even approximately -- but I guess that doesn't really happen, at least according to Hugo Schwyzer.
Image via Sports Illustrated