Now that Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock and Chris Siegfried are out and proud about their engagement, everyone wants to know what's next for the happy couple. Or more accurately, perhaps we want to know if their current love story/living together/wedding plans sound legit! Because, let's be honest ... it's not like the majority of couples who've gotten engaged on The Bachelorette or Bachelor have eventually made it down the aisle, ya know?
Still, no need to rain on ABC's Des and Chris's parade! After all, they are talking about their next steps as the future Mr. and Mrs. Siegfried. Here, all the details (so far) on what's in store for the former bachelorette and her hopelessly devoted poet ...
- They're already in the process of moving in together in Seattle. Des spilled the beans on the After the Final Rose special that she's moving up to the Emerald City to be with Chris this weekend. He explained to People, "I've moved a few things to the place and I've also brought a few things of hers up. But we're going to get things together and piece the place together."
- They'll be living in a place they purchased together. The couple told Chris Harrison that they didn't want to move into Chris's existing bachelor pad. In an effort to "start fresh," they got their own new nest.
- They've even got a first date in mind for their new city. "We actually have our first date planned, and that’s just to explore Seattle," Desiree told Today.com. "Take a walk, grab some breakfast. We don’t need the mountains and the helicopters, we just need a good conversation and time together." Aww!
- They have a time in mind to say "I do." Des says she would "marry Chris tomorrow," but the couple claims there is still a lot to consider when it comes to planning a wedding ... So they're thinking "possibly" June 2014.
- Des will be designing her own wedding dress. Expect it to be "twenties-inspired, a sheath dress with beading or lace," she says. Sounds super-pretty!
- But it sounds like the two haven't decided if they'll be broadcasting their vows. When asked if they'll follow in former Bachelorette Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum's footsteps and wed on TV, Chris replied, "We do want to keep it family and close friends." Then on E!, Des explained that she'd like it to be intimate, but if there's a way they can do that with cameras around, maybe they will ... but they'll have to see when the time comes.
- Des has new career plans to match her new zip code. Desiree shared with Today.com, "My entire dream for many, many years is to design my own bridal gown collection. I can design anywhere I want to be and I can be creative so that's what I plan to do [in Seattle]." And don't expect to see her or Chris back on a TV series anytime soon. "Honestly, I don't think either one of us have a desire to pursue television. We want to focus on our own relationship outside of TV but we're still open to certain things, if they're catered to our career goals." Cheers to that!
More from The Stir: Brooks Forester's Latest Confession Will Break Desiree Hartsock's Heart Again
What are you most psyched to hear about Des and Chris's future plans?
Image via ChrisRSiegfried/Instagram