Lauren SilvermanBy now you've heard the news. X-Factor boss, perennial bachelor, and gagillionaire, Simon Cowell, is expecting a baby with a (former?) friend's wife. The woman's name is Lauren Silverman, and you're bound to be hearing a lot about her goings on in the upcoming months, so let's educate ourselves on this woman, shall we?
Who is this pretty brunette? Where did she come from? Where is she going?
Here are five things to know about Simon Cowell's baby mama.
1. She's technically married. Although, yes, Lauren is still legally married to NYC real estate mogul Andrew Silverman, the couple has been estranged for some time now. According to a source: "Lauren and Andrew have been unhappy in their marriage for some time, and their divorce has been in the works for a while. As their marriage deteriorated, she and Simon became close." Sources also say that Andrew filed for divorce from Lauren earlier this month.
2. She's 10 weeks along. According to Us Weekly, who first broke the story, Silverman, 36, is only 10 weeks along. Sort of surprising that we (the world) know this early. She also has another child, a 7-year-old son, from her marriage with Andrew Silverman.
3. She wants to marry Simon. "Friends" of Lauren's told the Daily Mail that the New York socialite is set on settling down with Simon. "Lauren loves Simon, she says that she wants to marry him. And with the baby, she's going the right way about it! But I think this could be really good for Simon," one friend said. While another stated: "She has apparently been going around telling people for the last three to six months that she is going to have Simon's baby."
4. She's a party girl. Lauren, who runs with a high-profile group of people in New York, is "regarded as the fun, party girl," according to a source.
5. She and Simon were spotted out together a few months ago. In March, Lauren and Simon were photographed in London seeing the play, The Mousetrap. AKA, they went on a date.
What do you think of this?
Image via Splash