Ugh. Didn't you want to reach out and hug Zak Waddell after he sang that sweet song to Desiree Hartsock on The Bachelorette "Men Tell All" special last night? (Dude. It's gonna be ok. I promise.)
Aww. The poor guy. Either he's really not over Des quite yet and wanted to make sure she's well aware of how much she hurt him -- or he figured the "Men Tell All" show was the perfect place to "audition" to be the next Bachelor.
As far as we know, the role hasn't been cast yet. Considering Chris Harrison announced that The Bachelor 2014 will premiere in January, they'd better get a move on with filling the spot so filming can start fairly soon.
And even though one of Des' final three guys, Drew, Brooks, or Chris, probably has a pretty good shot at landing the gig -- I highly doubt fans will be disappointed if Zak is the next Bachelor. (Even though he kind of reminds us of The Situation. We'll get over it eventually.)
Actually, he's the perfect man for the job -- and here's why.
- Holy hot body -- Are you even believing that photo of Zak in a red Speedo? His abs are rock-hard, so we can expect plenty of eye candy if he gets cast as The Bachelor. (Who doesn't love that?)
- He sings -- And he plays guitar too. And he's damn good at doing both. How fun would it be to watch him serenade 25 ladies?
- He writes poetry -- Who knew Des had another writer on her hands besides Chris Siegfried? And he's even more romantic than Chris, after writing Des a poem in invisible ink. Yep. Chris Harrison had to shine a pen light on it to reveal his words, which went a little something like this: "Love is it. The only reason to open your home to a stranger. The one creature worthy of surrendering freedom. No risk is too great, no apprehension justifiable. All hope is rooted in it, because love is our only hope for happiness, and I am happy to say this is love. Zak W." (Swoon.)
- He's a family man -- What girl won't jump at the chance to be part of the Waddell family snow cone biz? Zak is super-tight with his fam -- and considering how well they embraced Desiree, any woman would be lucky to gain them as in-laws. (I'm totally jel.)
- He wants the job -- During the "Men Tell All" special, Zak said he'd be willing to sign up for the process of trying to find love on TV over and over again. If that isn't an admission that he wants to be The Bachelor, I don't know what is.
And if things don't work out the first time, producers can pull a Brad Womack and bring him back as the Bachelor for a second round. By then, Des will probably be single again and she can join the cast of ladies vying for his heart in a crazy twist of fate.
Do you think Zak would make a good Bachelor?
Images via ABC