We may have grown to love (or loathe) Honey Boo Boo as a little pageant princess, but according to Mama June, those days are over. That's right, Alana Thompson is giving up the wannabe beauty queen biz. "We're done," June recently confirmed. "We haven't done a pageant for a while, because we're so busy with our show and school and life in general." So what's next for the TLC star?
Well, anyone who has watched the show knows that her talents are aplenty. So we think that there is a long list of things she would be well suited for.
- Talk show host. She has the brash, tell-it-like-it-is manner of Dr. Phil and the hilarity of Jimmy Kimmel. Perfect combo for an afternoon gab fest, don't you think?
- Actress. No one would dispute the fact that Alana is a bit of a drama queen. She can put that to good use as a child actor.
- Farmer. There have been several episodes featuring animals. One memorable show followed the family to a pig farm; in another, HBB learned how to milk a cow. And who could forget her beloved pet pig Glitzy. There is even a rooster living in their house.
- The entire family could host a variety show. Along with guests, they could sing, dance, and put on amazing (and ridiculous) feats, like the butter-soaked slip 'n' slide.
- Run her own charity. They clearly have a philanthropic spirit. Every summer, Sugar Bear puts on a Santa costume and the family hosts a Christmas in July event where they collect food and toys for the needy.
- Motivational speaker. There isn't an adult or child more confident than HBB. She is proud of who she is and won't change for anyone. More of us could use that kind of gumption.
What do you think Honey Boo Boo should do next?
Image via DCL TLC