No matter how much they claim to be over it, Fifty Shades of Grey fans are desperately worked up and waiting with bated breath for the announcement of the movie's cast. Who could blame 'em? Now that we've got a director on board and a release date that's just a bit more than a year away, casting has to be next. And it has to come soon!
Whether you're rooting for Ian Somerhalder, Matt Bomer, or an Aussie actor no one's ever heard of before but you believe to be the perfect Christian Grey, there have been several hints so far about who will score the coveted Fifty Shades movie roles. Here, the seven of the most compelling ...
- Although E.L. James initially seemed strongly opposed to casting her muse Robert Pattinson as Christian, he could easily be in the running based on new evidence ...
- Judging from the English director and screenwriter, quite a few cast members could end up being from across the pond, as well.
- They've also been relative unknowns with just a couple of credits to their names -- and IMDB pages. Seems quite possible the cast could follow suit.
- Just a guess here for the most part, but James has seemed to retain complete creative control over everything stemming from the series. For this reason, it wouldn't be surprising if she were to want to go with unknowns in the lead roles, so as to make them even more powerfully linked exclusively to the brand -- as opposed to other films or TV shows they may be known for if they're established actors.
- Unknowns will also be more willing to make a bold move -- doing risque sex scenes, merely starring in a film that's flirting with an NC-17 rating, etc. -- than established stars.
- On the other hand, James does seem to have a thing for Ian Somerhalder ...
- Whoever is cast as Ana and Christian will have to have extremely off-the-charts on-screen chemistry. Not only because, well, duh, but director Sam Taylor-Johnson has vowed to deliver on that front! So perhaps they'll both be young and unattached ...? Maybe that means we should rule out any contenders like Alexis Bledel -- recently engaged to Mad Men's Vincent Kartheiser -- who are already in high-profile committed relationships? (Then again, that didn't stop Brad Pitt from straying with his co-star, eh?)
What other compelling casting clues have you come across?
Image via vagueonthehow/Wikimedia