Season 6 of The Real Housewives of New York City doesn't air until the fall, but the drama is already heating up. First, Carole Radziwill and Heather Thomson were caught staging scenes in the Hamptons, and now, a new cast member has been tossed into the mix. The women were on Coney Island last weekend enjoying the annual Mermaid Parade and newcomer Kristen Taekman was seen filming with the cast.
Just who is this Kristen? And how exactly is she related to Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Brandi Glanville? Here's what we know.
- Kristen's a former model from Farmington, CT. After high school, she travelled all over Europe for modeling gigs ... which may or may not have been where she and Brandi Glanville became friends.
- The two remained buddies, so much so that Brandi recommended Kristen to Andy Cohen when she heard they were looking for a new RHONYC cast member.
- Kristen's married to Josh Taekman, an entrepreneur who founded EBOOST energy drink and held the position of VP of Marketing for P. Diddy's label Bad Boy Records from 1996 to 2000.
- She's got her own thing going on, though, and is the owner of 2nd Street Press, a shop that sells ... memory boxes and greeting cards. Fancy ones, I'm sure.
- Kristen and Josh have two young children, a boy and a girl, and currently live in Connecticut. She seems to be in her late 30s. (I think she as 33 in 2009.) They're reportedly worth $20 million.
- She knows Heather Thomson. Maybe she modeled shape-wear at some point?
- She wears hot pink lipstick like a boss.
Prediction: everyone will hate her except Carole and Heather. It will be the new crew versus the old crew, and the new crew will win.
Viva the Housewife neophytes.
Excited for Kristen as a cast member?
Photo via kristentaekman/Instagram