Now that the season 3 finale of Game of Thrones, "Mhysa," aired last Sunday, it's time for fans of the geeky fantasy series to go into full-on mourning mode. It's been an emotional, gut-wrenching roller coaster ride, as we got to see some amazing moments with Daenerys and between Jaime and Brienne, but we literally screamed and swore at the television during the most tragic ones as well.
Now that season 3 has wrapped, we can't help but anticipate what's to come in season 4. For fans who haven't read the books, there are so many unanswered questions, mostly due to the fact that A Storm of Swords was broken up into two seasons -- so episode 10 provided very little closure.
Though, in typical Game of Thrones fashion, one question may be answered, only then forcing us to have to ask a hundred more. Will it ever end? (Probably not.) Here are the 40 biggest questions on Game of Thrones fans' minds after witnessing the conclusion of season 3. SPOILERS AHEAD.
- What main character will die next?
- Is this the last we'll see of Robb and Catelyn Stark?
- Will Cersei be forced to marry whatshisgayness (Loras)?
- Why didn’t Cersei run into his Jaime's (one-hand-less) arms when they finally reunited? Shock, horror, disgust, rage?
- Will Jaime be bad still or kind of a softie now?
- Are Jaime and Brienne going to take on Westeros together or will they be forced to separate?
- Will Joffrey EVER get his?
- Who will Joffrey piss off next?
- How many times will Tywin send Joffrey to bed without supper next season?
- Will Joffrey’s marriage happen? Can Margaery and Lady Olenna tame him?
- Will Tyrion ever get some real revenge on his dad Tywin?
- Is someone going to finally take out or outsmart Tywin?
- Who will Tywin school next?
- What will happen with Tyrion and Sansa's marriage now that her brother and mother are dead because of the Lannisters?
- Will there be any repercussions to Walder Frey's actions? Will the gods punish him somehow?
- What will happen to the Blackfish? And Edmure Tully? Will they try to seek revenge?
- Will Shae mess up Tyrion's political aspirations like Varys warned?
- What is Varys going to do with his hidden prisoner?
- Will someone, if not Tyrion, impregnate Sansa?
- Will Arya go totally psycho? Stay with the Hound forevermore?
- Is Arya ever going to meet Jaqen H'ghar again? Will she ever be able to use that coin he gave her?
- What is going on with Petyr Baelish?
- Will Arya and Bran and Sansa and Jon ever see one another again? Please let the answer be yes.
- Will Jon and Ygritte meet again? Will she kill him for real this time?
- Are the Wildings still going to try to attack the Wall even though Jon has been able to warn the Night's Watch about their plans?
- What's up with Ramsay Snow? Why is his last name the same as Jon Snow's?
- How many "Hodor"s is Hodor going to say?
- Can Yara save her brother Theon?
- Is there any significance to Ramsay's new name for Theon, "Reek"?
- What body part is Theon going to lose next?
- Will the White Walkers make it past the Wall?
- Can Stannis and Melisandre and Davos make a stand in the North against the White Walkers?
- What is going to happen to Gendry? Will he cross paths with Arya again?
- Will Samwell be the unlikely hero who saves everyone from the White Walkers?
- Will Daenerys’ story finally intertwine with one or some of the others?
- Will Daenerys hook up with Daario? Or Jorah? (Probably not, sorry Jorah.)
- Can Daenerys maintain power over the recently freed slaves?
- Will Bran die trying to find the three-eyed raven?
- Are we ever going to see Rickon, Osha, and Shaggydog again?
- Can there be any scene next season that could possibly top the Red Wedding?
What other questions do you want to see answered in season 4 (and beyond) of Game of Thrones?
Image via HBO