Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. Real Housewives of New Jersey star Melissa Gorga told WetPaint that she'll have no problem walking away from the show if it ever starts to affect her family, which is as hilarious a statement as it is painfully unaware. Melissa! Darling! The show has, and will continue, to affect your family. Time to wake up and smell the dank Jersey air.
By Melissa's logic, her three children have not been affected by the following:
- Their aunt Teresa Giudice's insistence on selling stories to the tabloids about their troubled relationship.
- Their uncle Joe's felony charges for using his brother's ID to illegally obtain a licence.
- The fact that their uncle cheats on their aunt and calls her a c*nt and a bitch.
- The enormous, bloody brawl that broke out at one of their christenings.
- Their father's constant and dramatic bickering with his sister.
- Their father's threats against their uncle.
- Their mother's toxic relationship with their aunt.
- The fact that bringing the "wrong" cookies to a party can start an all-out familial war.
- The moving they've had to do to be farther away from their family.
- The cameras.
- The sense of entitlement that accompanies reality TV stardom.
- The intense lack of privacy.
I love the dynamic that the Gorgas bring to the show, and the drama they provide can't be beat, but let's not pretend for a second that this show is not absolutely ruining their lives.
You've gotta be some sort of egomaniac to think that you can go on one of the most popular reality series and walk away unscathed. Newsflash, Meliss: your family's already doomed.
What do you think of Melissa's comment?
Photo via bravotv.com