OMG YOU GUYS. We all need to gather 'round and hold each other. For there will be no new Game of Thrones episode this Sunday, thanks to the holiday weekend, when everybody should be out barbecuing and hanging out with friends instead being of holed up inside in the living room tuning in to a geeky, disturbing fantasy series. But seeing as the next episode, "The Rains of Castamere," is promising to be one of the craziest and dramatic episodes ever -- yeah, I'll take the living room, please!
"The Rains of Castamere" is reportedly going to reveal the much-hyped-up Red Wedding, and fans who have read A Storm of Swords know about the ridiculous twists that are about to go down. If you thought the season-defining moments with Jaime Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, and Jon Snow were amazing -- well, needless to say, June 2 is going to be a night all Game of Thrones fans will remember.
Darn you HBO producers for having us wait a whole extra week before this episode! Darn you to heck.
I'll get into all the insane crap that will most likely go down in "The Rains of Castamere" next week, so as of right now, here is some Game of Thrones stuff to keep you (somewhat) occupied until the oh so fateful day of June 2. Enjoy!
- Are you tired of all the political scandals going down in the real world? TIME has come out with an article about why Game of Thrones is the best show about politics. Hard to argue with that!
- Read up on X-Men: Days of Future Past (I really don't get that title?) because the one and only Peter Dinklage will be starring in it! Check out that mustache! Love you, Tyrion.
- Here are some cool facts about that other awkward wedding from last week's "Second Sons." It apparently took 10 hours just to walk down the aisle!
- Take an epic Game of Thrones trip abroad -- since you are that obsessed and have so much time and money at your disposal. Now that we're well into the third season, you could visit Iceland, Morocco, and Croatia and see where some of the most beautiful scenes on TV have been filmed.
- Here's a fun reminder of Joffrey getting slapped by Tyrion.
- Spend hours perusing the Joffrey Bieber Tumblr.
- Here's an entire Tumblr dedicated solely to Game of Thrones gifs.
- Here's what each Game of Thrones house would look like as a global corporation. Sure, okay, why not?
- Obsessed with all the love/non-love stories in this series? OKCupid reveals which couples are the most compatible. Tyrion and Sansa are 80.15 percent compatible! Not too shabby!
- Watch 16 of the funniest Game of Thrones parodies on the Internet.
- Did you know that if you're a woman, you're supposed to not like Game of Thrones? Not sure what that says about me ...
- Well, if you're interested in why people can't stand the show in general, here's an article for the Game of Thrones haters out there.
- For whatever reason, a Game of Thrones producer said the show will "probably get through to seven seasons." Spend your week off doing the math. Seeing as we're waiting for book six and seven and the third book is split into two seasons -- huh??
- Watch the entire fourth season of Arrested Development on Netflix -- hey, maybe this timing isn't so bad after all.
Or you could just watch the preview for episode 9 over and over and over and over again. It's going to be a sad Game of Thrones-less Sunday, isn't it?
What will you do with yourself on Sunday night since there's no new Game of Thrones episode?
Image via HBO