Sexting with Katy Perry, obviouslyMan, the rumors about Robert Pattinson and Katy Perry dating each other won't let up! It's like the universe is telling these two to hook up -- even though Rob and Kristen Stewart haven't officially (i.e. via publicist statement) broken up. Why is that? It doesn't even make sense -- Katy is a friend to both Rob and Kristen. The three of them have been seen all together several times. And Katy's people say the rumor that she and Rob are hooking up is "pathetic."
(Wait, pathetic as in we would pity one of them if it happened? Or do they mean Katy would date Rob only out of pity? Or -- oh never mind.)
So FINE, we got the memo. Katy and Rob are not an item. But maybe they should be? I mean, in the TOTALLY UNLIKELY (wink) event that Rob and Kristen break up, Katy would make the perfect rebound girlfriend.
1. She's a lot of fun. I'm actually just extrapolating this from her music. I have no first-hand knowledge of her fun-ness.
2. She and Rob are already friends. So clearly the natural progression of that is friends with benefits, especially since they're both what the kids these days call "hawt."
3. This would be a great way to get a little jab at Kristen -- stealing her friend! Not that Rob is the spiteful type. Of course not.
4. Katy would not write a song about her fling with Rob. Why? Because she's not Taylor Swift.
5. It would be a fling and nothing more. Rob's all deep and serious and private, or something, while Katy is all glitz and glam. That's probably not a great combo long-term. But it's the perfect contrast for short romance.
Not that Robert and Kristen are ever breaking up -- TwilightBellaandEdwardForeverandEver how dare I even entertain the notion! I'm just helping them make a contingency plan here.
Do you think Katy would make a good rebound girlfriend for Rob?
Image via Pacific Coast News