It's a blessed day today! Know why? Emilia Clarke, who plays badass Daenerys Targaryen on Game of Thrones, turned 25 today. Kind of hard to believe that she's so young yet can be so commanding and amazing on screen. And, on top of her acting talent, she's a freakin' knockout. I've had a girl crush on Emilia since the first season premiered, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
We've seen her get harassed by her brother, get sold into marriage, eat a horse heart, get it on with her hot husband Drogo, lose a child, lose her husband, walk into fire and come out nude with some dragons, save said dragons from some warlocks, and free an entire slave army and become a leader. Is there anything the girl can't do?
So, to celebrate all things Daenerys, here are her best quotes from the show and a video so you can see her crazy hotness in person. Happy birthday, Emilia!
1. "When my dragons are grown, we will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who wronged me! We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground!"
2. Missandei: "Valar morghulis."
Daenerys: "Yes. All men must die, but we are not men."
3. "You're both here to advise me. I value your advice, but if you ever question me in front of strangers again, you'll be advising someone else. Is that understood?"
4. "No one will take my dragons."
5. "Unsullied! Slay the masters, slay the soldiers, slay every man who holds a whip, but harm no child. Strike the chains off every slave you see!"
6. "I don't want to be his Queen. I want to go home."
7. "A mother does not flee without her children."
8. "He [Viserys] was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon."
9. "I will take what is mine with fire and blood."
10. "I am a Khaleesi of the Dothraki! I am the wife of the great Khal and I carry his son inside me! The next time you raise a hand to me will be the last time you have hands."
11. "I am Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, of the blood of Old Valyeria. I am the dragon's daughter, and I swear to you that those who would harm you will die screaming."
And here she is in her finest moment in Game of Thrones:
Is Daenerys your favorite Game of Thrones character? Which moment of hers was the best?
Image via HBO