Season 4 of Downton Abbey is still months and months away. How long away? We'll tell you in a minute, but trust me. It's like forever. I mean, we may be traveling by jet packs before Downton airs in the U.S. Meanwhile, little by little more spoilers about next season keep leaking out. Here's everything NEW we know so far!
1. More on Jack Ross, AKA "the new black character." We told you about how Downton producers are casting for a charming black musician. Now we're hearing he'll inspire some race-related controversy. Get ready to see Violet grimace disapprovingly and wave her hankie in distress.
2. Mary's new suitor. Remember how hottie Tom Cullen is joining the show as aristocrat Lord Anthony Gillam? Supposedly he walks into the Crawleys' lives to help them out with their financial problems. Naturally, he becomes a favorite of Lord Grantham. Gillam is "good looking [and] very charismatic [with] a perfect cut glass accent. He's warm and charming, but also a strong man with morals."
3. Mary's other new suitor. Oh yes, juiciest of all! It's not just Lord Gillam who's wooing Mary. Julian Ovendon, played by Charles Blake, will also compete for Mary's heart. She will only pick one, though, and my hunch is that it'll be Sir Gillam.
4. Mary may rebuff both! Actress Michelle Dockery says of her character, "I imagine she will not be able to move on very quickly. It will be very difficult to replace the love of her life." So don't expect Mary to get swept off her feet by either of these fine gentlemen too quickly.
5. Bates and Anna drama. Finally, that happy couple was getting to be dull. In an online chat, Joanne Froggatt (best name ever) wouldn't go into details, but said to expect plenty of DRAMA. "I obviously can't say more than that but I think it may be the best yet and there are certainly aspects of Anna's character that have never been seen before ... I think these scripts are the best yet. [Julian Fellowes] has done such an incredible job." Also, Anna gets a new hairdo. Bangs? Haha.
6. Branson snogs the nanny? Allen Leech, who plays newly-widowed and distractingly handsome Tom Branson, has hinted that there may be some "canoodling" with the nanny, who hasn't been cast yet. 1. He would. 2. This is me hopping on a plane for England so I can audition for the role.
7. January 5, 2014. (New to us anyway -- apparently this was announced a few months ago.) That's when Downton Abbey season 4 premieres in the U.S. The U.K. will get the show in September. They're doing it again. Why? WHY????
Why do you think the U.S. is still getting Downton Abbey so long after the U.K. does?
Image via PBS
I create a special savings account
I put a little away at a time
I cut corners until I can afford it
Save? Who has money to save?
I plan to put it on my credit card and love the benefits of the reward program