Melissa McCarthy is the funniest woman on the planet so it was shocking to hear her tell Jimmy Fallon last week that she was "terrified" the last time she hosted "Saturday Night Live" a few seasons ago. The show was perfect and she showed everyone what SNL used to be and what it could still be. It was the best show in a long, long time.
Last night, McCarthy hosted again and, once again, she stole the show. (Maybe they should just call it the Melissa McCarthy Show and she could be on every week?) Dennis Rodman (Kim Jong Un's BFF) and Peter Dinklage (of Game of Thrones) made cameos.
If you missed it, not to worry, here are the highlights.
1. McCarthy performs the monologue wearing a pair of crazy-high high heels she can't walk in, which leads to some of the physical comedy she's known for (and some pain that every woman can relate to):
2. McCarthy plays Barb Kelner the Pizza Eater, a woman who goes to the bank to try to get a loan for her pizza-eating business. So frickin' funny.
3. Watch Melissa as Veronica Shanks in The Art of the Encounter - a skit on how to "get a man."
4. In a skit that spoofed the Rutgers Basketball Scandal and the, uh, coaching tactics of Mike Rice, McCarthy plays Sheila Kelly, an abusive Division III women's basketball coach that encourages her to team to perform in unorthodox ways.
5. McCarthy plays Nanelle in Million Dollar Wheel, a Vanna White type, who has a hard time figuring out how the game works out.
6. McCarthy plays Jean Carrera, a woman who is determined not to lose the Honey Baked Ham Off Contest this year -- so she's ups her "presentation."
Watch the video here: Melissa McCarthy Honey Baked Ham Off
What was your favorite Melissa McCarthy SNL skit?