So if you're reading this, it must mean you made it through American Horror Story: Asylum (aka season 2) and you're still glutton for more eerie, twisted, often stomach-churning excitement from Ryan Murphy and friends. By the way, what's wrong with you? How in the hell did you make it through season 2? The dismembered (but alive) bodies and that homicidal Santa and maybe the most fuh-reaky, sick serial killer ever. Something is totally wrong with you (and me too -- hugs!).
Our sick minds aside, lots of season 3 spoilers are emerging -- beyond the brillz news that the amazing Kathy Bates is joining the show. But WILL YOU DARE? Can you really handle another season of this show?
SPOILER ALERT. Stop reading now if you don't want to know what we know. Because we know a lot!
Here's what we know so far about what to expect in season 3.
- Season 3 will be called: American Horror Story: Coven.
- As you probably guessed from the title, witches be coming! We don't know who and we don't know how many make a coven, but there will be witches.
- The show will be set in several locations, including the always haunted city of New Orleans.
- Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates will be together in a "lot of scenes" and "going at it." Pretty sure Murphy means they'll be fighting, not, you know, GOING AT IT in a sexytimes way. But hey, with this show, you never frickin' know (Tami Taylor does Rubber Man ... enough said).
- "Female power" is the theme of the season. I'm scared.
- This season's "Rubber Man" and "Bloody Face" will be a woman! Oh god, is it Kathy Bates? Scared.
- Murphy says Bates' character is "cuckoo-for-Cocoa-Puffs" -- OMG, what does that meeeeeeeeeeean?
- Several of our favorite cast members from seasons 1 and 2 will be returning, presumably as all new characters again, in season 3, including Jessica Lange (Constance and Sister Jude), Frances Conroy (Moira and the Angel of Death), Sarah Paulson (Billie Dean and Lana), Evan Peters (Tate and Kit), and Lily Rabe (Nora and Sister Mary Eunice). Even Naomi Grossman (Pepper) will be back!
- Also under consideration, a vampire-themed American Horror Story. What?! Yep, Murphy mentions it, but then says, "I can't talk about it." Tease!
- American Horror Story: Coven will premiere this fall on FX.
OMG, these answers only spur a million more questions. What kind of witches are we talking about here -- like Charmed witches? No, no, no, of course not ... Maybe like True Blood witches? Will Jessica Lange be a witch? Will Kathy Bates? What kind of twisted female monster can we expect (wait, don't answer that one; I'm too scared to know!)? Will Evan Peters return to being evil (a la Tate) or stay good (a la Kit)? Will Dylan McDermott (Ben and Johnny) make another surprise appearance? What about Zachary Quinto (Chad and Dr. Thredson)? He's gotta return, right?
Are you looking forward to season 3 of American Horror Story?