Britney Spears done got herself a new boyfriend, y'all. The 31-year-old mom of two broke up with agent/fiance Jason Trawick back in January, but it didn't take her long to get back in the dating game. It appears that the pop princess has reeled in one Mr. David Lucado, but you've probably only heard of him if you went to elementary school in Appomattox, Virginia. Otherwise, he's just a regular Joe Shmoe who somehow managed to bring his ultimate fantasies to life.
So just what's David's deal? Here are 7 things you need to know about Britney's new man.
- He's a southerner. Like Britney, David hales from below the Mason Dixon. Allegedly born in Appomattox, Virginia (if the name rings a bell, good for you for remembering that's where Lee surrendered to Grant), David eventually moved to Atlanta.
- He's a partier. Sources claim Dave's your typical southern frat boy and if I know my Brit Brit like I think I do, this guy is perfect for her. No shoes, no shirt, no problem.
- He's not a pop star, a dancer, a paparazzo, nor a Hollywood agent. Britney didn't really have any luck with Justin Timberlake, Kevin Federline, that gross paparazzi guy that was trying to steal all her money, nor Jason Trawick, so it's nice to see her try dating a solid, normal, dude. Apparently, David's got no ties to Hollywood and is there working at a law firm.
- He's a tanner. Or, at least he supports Britney's habits. The two were photographed twice in one week at Forever Bella tanning in Thousand Oaks, California.
- He's also a golfer. Which is great, because I feel like he, J.T., and Nick Lachey would have a lot of fun crushing Miller Lites on the back nine.
- He's savvy. After news broke that David and Britney were an item, he quickly made his Facebook page private. While I'm a little sad we won't be treated to such status updates as "Getting fried chicken with Britney -- we'll crack a window while her kids wait in the car lol!", I do think it shows that this guy isn't really in it for the fame, unlike some other southern gentleman we know.
- He's a stoner. As in, he's into the Rolling Stones. David wore the band's t-shirt for his Valentine's date with Britney.
As of now, the two have been going strong for six weeks. Brit 'n Dave 4eva! (And by 4eva I mean at most 12 weeks.)
Do you think this guy's a good match for Britney?
Photo via Pacific Coast News