Now that Bachelor Sean Lowe has chosen his bride, Catherine Giudici, and the two are already off and running with wedding plans, it's time to turn our attention to the new Bachelorette, announced yesterday on the After the Final Rose Special ... Desiree Hartsock! Yup, the Katie Holmes (Joey Potter era?) lookalike from L.A. who thought for a moment that she might have been the love of Sean's life but who was sent packing after she took him home to meet her family. Yeah, it wasn't pretty.
But now there's really no reason to feel bad for her. Desiree's going to have her pick of 25 eligible bachelors. Here, everything we can't wait for and hope to see on her season of The Bachelorette ...
- The brother returns!!! Oh, you know this is coming. When Desiree brought Sean home, her brother stepped in and got uber-protective of his sis, basically saying he thought Sean was a phony "playboy." It looked like he may have even scared the guy off. But Desiree defended her brother later on, tweeting, "Men may come and go but family is there long after the show. "#lovemyfam #yeseventheoutspokenbro #lifeliveson." She added: "You can't ruin something that isn't complete so be easy on my bro. A man who truly loved me would see past the family member I hardly see." So, the man she chooses will most definitely have to meet and win over her entire brood!
- Her job will come in handy. I'd also venture to guess that being a bridal stylist may mean she's been around a lot of ladies in love. So, she should be extra sure of what that looks like (and doesn't!) and know what she wants -- in wedding couture and a man! So hopefully, she won't put up with any shenanigans from losers or con artisty guys.
- She'll be the most beautiful reality show bride yet. If she ends up finding the love of her life on the show, maybe we'll get to see them wed on TV, and then see Desiree wield all the tricks and tips of the trade -- for herself!
- Teeears! Simply talking to host Chris Harrison about being on the show, Desiree started crying. She said, "I just can't even believe I'm here. And with the support of everyone? It's just such a blessing. I could have never imagined signing up for The Bachelor and having this opportunity. I'm just overcome with happiness." Like Chris said, if she's crying now, wow, we're gonna have a season full of waterworks!
- Watching her take on the challenge of finding her future husband with a spunky, positive attitude. Desiree's no skeptic. She says, "I'm ready and I'm open and I've seen it happen." With such a sunny outlook, how can she go wrong?
What are you most looking forward to seeing on Desiree's season of The Bachelorette?
Image via ABC