Newsflash, y'all. Apparently Katy Perry does not approve of her friend Rihanna's boyfriend, Chris Brown. Well, that would make Katy just like 99 percent of the rest of us. The 1 percent being Rihanna and her dad. But reportedly, Katy and Rihanna's friendship has soured as a result of RiRi rekindling things with her pugilistic ex. "They aren't tight anymore because Katy doesn't approve of Rihanna dating Chris Brown," a source told US Weekly. First off, who knew Katy and Rihanna were even BFFs to begin with? Secondly, who the hell is Katy Perry to judge anyone's boyfriend?
Let's think about this for a moment, shall we? I totally respect where Katy is coming from. It must suck to have all of your friends hate your boyfriend, but surely Rihanna knew that would happen. As she's said, if it's a mistake, then it's HER mistake.
But Katy, gurl. Look in the mirror. You married Russell Brand -- an ex-heroin and sex addict. And we all know how long that lasted. And now you're dating John Mayer, a womanizer's womanizer. Look up "Playa" in the dictionary, and there's John's pouty mug. John not only dated and dumped Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Aniston, Taylor Swift, and probably a thousand anonymous ladies in between, but he then blabbed all about it to the press. Even he says he's a "jerk"!
So, c'mon, Katy. Why so judgy? How about a little sympathy for your pal with her equally poor choice of partner? When you find out John is two-timing you, who better to cry to than RiRi? She's the only one of your friends who can't say, "I toooold you so. You shouldn't have been so naive!"
This tidbit of gossip is so preposterous it really makes me doubt its veracity. But you never know. People can often find fault in others that they are blind to in themselves.
Do you think Katy has a right to judge Rihanna?
Image via Getty