I'll say this about Super Bowl XLVII. Even if you weren't watching for the Baltimore Ravens to kick some 49ers rear end, those Super Bowl commercials kept you plenty entertained. And at $3.8 million for each 30-second time slot, they should have!
We had Doritos-munching goats, Amy Poehler asking naughty questions about 50 Shades of Grey, and some tearjerking moments with a certain Clydesdale. So which ads were actually worth all that cash? Let's take a look at the best of the best Super Bowl commercials for 2013:
1. What would you do for Glee star Naya Rivera's love? The red M&M would do anything ... but he won't do that. And by that we mean some pretty sick stuff indeed:
2. Last year Audi walked on the dark side with vampires, but this year they decided to go straight for our hearts. They took us back to high school with a dateless young kid and his dad's car keys, stealing kisses on Prom night:
3. Let this Doritos commercial be a warning to you about what to do when you see a sign offering a goat for sale:
4. Amy Poehler had some important questions to ask her Best Buy guy ... like if that tablet won't read 50 Shades of Grey to her, will he?
5. Some things are worth fighting over, even if you have to do it at a whisper in the middle of the library. Oreo knows this:
6. It doesn't often happen, but one company managed to kill it with multiple commercials this year. A daddy indulging his daughter in some princess time totally stole our hearts, and made us hungry for Doritos:
7. It's not the Super Bowl without the Budweiser Clydesdales, and this year we got to see a colt grow up ... and we get to name him!
8. You only wish your Grandma was as cool as the geriatrics who escaped from the old folks home to hit Taco Bell:
9. Let's hear it for our military! Jeep and Oprah paid tribute to some true heroes with the Whole Again ad:
10. Now for the tough question. Where do babies come from? Kia helps answer the age old question flummoxing parents everywhere:
11. Heard the saying, "No Farms, No Food"? The folks at Ram know what farmers mean to America:
Alright, which was your favorite Super Bowl commercial this year? Any to add?
Image via SuperBowlAd2013/YouTube