If you're the type of award show watcher who throws popcorn at the TV while they hand out statues for all the stuff that happens behind the scenes, the Screen Actors Guild Awards are right up your alley: Performers and only performers are honored at this shindig, which some insiders consider a better predictor of how the Oscars will go than even the Golden Globes.
No surprises among the nominees -- Jessica Chastain for Zero Dark Thirty, Jennifer Lawrence for Silver Linings Playbook, Anne Hathaway for Les Miserables, Daniel Day Lewis for Lincoln, Daniel Day Lewis for Lincoln, Daniel Day Lewis for Lincoln (could there BE any more buzz about that one?!). But there are a few things we're looking forward to tonight that might surprise you ...
1. Get ready, TwiHards -- Peter Facinelli (Dr. Cullen) will be hosting the red carpet! Oooh, wonder if any of his former castmates will show up to say hello ...
2. Dick Van Dyke will accept the SAG Lifetime Achievement Award -- at 87 years old! (But since he just got married in 2012, guess he won't be saying he's single!)
3. The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones go head-to-head for the "Stunt Ensemble" award! (I'm gonna say the Thrones cast does more actual stunts ... zombies just kinda stagger around.)
4. Justin Timberlake is presenting! 'Nuff said.
5. The most overdramatic speeches ever. Because THIS award really "means something," because it was given to so-and-so by his or her "fellow actors." (Blinks back tears.)
What are you looking forward to seeing on tonight's SAG Awards?
Image via Splash