Have you ever heard of this movie series called Twilight? That stars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, or Robsten, if you will? It's kind of a big deal. There are, however, some heathens, some non-believers, some heartless bastards out there who'd beg to differ. The hilarious guys over at Mystery Science Theater 3000 have just named Twilight, all the Twilights, the worst movies of all time.
Well slap my sparkly ass and call me a vampire because there is no way in hell Twilight is worse than these 10 other movies. No. Way.
- Gigli. As if you didn't see this one coming. It was everything that was wrong with Bennifer -- all image, no substance.
- Glitter. Everyone knew this was going to be a disaster when Mariah Carey didn't let 9/11/01 stop her from holding a premiere for her ill-fated flick.
- Corky Romano. Yes! That was a movie, not just a Chris Kattan skit on SNL. And it was terrible.
- All About Steve. Oh god. Sandra Bullock as a mentally unstable woman stalking Bradley Cooper? It was as painful as it was offensive.
- No Strings Attached. I don't know about you, but this Natalie Portman, Ashton Kutcher movie was simply unwatchable. (Same with its rival Friends With Benefits starring Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis.)
- Larry Crowne. Hey! I got a great idea for a movie. Let's put Academy Award winner Tom Hanks on a scooter following Academy Award winner Julia Roberts. Spoiler alert: the concept fails and the movie sucks.
- Transformers. Every last one of these movies was horrendous. Loud, and horrendous.
- Sex and the City II. It'd almost be satire if it weren't so blatantly racist.
- The Dilemma. I caught this on TV recently and thought, whoa! A Vince Vaughn, Kevin James comedy I haven't seen? Three minutes into it I realized why. It's not a comedy. It's a sad, sad, sad drama about extramarital affairs. Terrible bait and switch.
- Season of the Witch. True story: I actually snuck into this when the movie I'd paid to see was too crowded, and holy bejesus, was I ever punished for my sin. This movie starring Nicolas Cage was so bad I think my brain started bleeding.
So! There you have it. More than 10 movies worse than Twilight. Maybe those Mystery Science guys can tackle one of those next.
In the meantime, here's a clip of their commentary on Twilight:
What's the worst movie you've ever seen?
Photo via RiffTrax/YouTube