It's official. Singer Brandy Norwood is off the market. Brandy's rep has confirmed that, yes, she is engaged to music executive Ryan Press. And they are just too cute together. The couple has been posting photos of their romantic Hawaiian holiday vacation on Instagram, and she looks, of course, amazing. The couple first stepped out publicly together last New Year's Eve, and now they'll be heading down the aisle.
But what do we know about the man who swept Brandy off her feet?
The couple seems genuinely in love, and Press certainly sounds like quite the catch. Here's what we know about him.
1. Ryan Press is 32 years old (to Brandy's 33 years).
2. He's also a music executive.
3. Press restored Brandy's faith in men. "I had given up on love a long time ago. It just didn't seem to work for me, so I was single for a very long time. I stopped looking for love and then I ran into my boyfriend." So sweet.
4. He loves Brandy for who she is. "He just loves me for who I am. I don't have to camouflage anything for him or put on a mask. I can completely be myself and he loves me so much and I love him just the way he is, too." Wow, what woman doesn't want that?
5. Brandy says daughter loves Ryan, too. Brandy's 10-year-old daughter Sy'rai is a fan of her future step-dad. "My daughter Sy'rai [9; dad is producer Robert Smith] loves Ryan."
6. Brandy knew Ryan was the one. Brandy says she kept hearing rumors of a ring but was waiting for the right time. "Keep your fingers crossed for sometime soon I will be engaged," she said. Well, it worked! When Press finally popped the question, she was ready to say yes.
I certainly wish them well! It will be Brandy's first marriage. She confessed in 2008 that she had never actually married Robert Smith, even though the two pretended they were wed, because she wanted to be a good role model for her daughter.
"I got really close to being married and it didn't happen," Brandy said in November. When she finally looked inside and loved herself, she said, her prince charming found her.
I dated a little bit and it was always something that just wasn't connecting with love and me. I think it was because I was looking for love to do something for me: to make me happy, fill a void, make me feel complete, and all of these things don't come from another, it comes from a love of self. I didn't understand that at the time. I really had to confront all of that. I said a prayer and I waited ... and I saw Ryan.
What do you want to know about the man who stole Brandy's heart?
Image via Christopher Polk/Getty