The latest James Bond movie, Skyfall, starring uber-hunk Daniel Craig, opens this weekend. The movie is getting rave reviews and is already a monster hit around the globe, but it's got a couple of quirks. First off, try not to fall off your theater seat when Bond cracks open a brewski instead of sipping elegantly on a martini, shaken not stirred. That's the new world of product placement for you. (Hello, Heineken.) But, hey, at least there are still beautiful Bond girls. Skyfall's are Berenice Marlohe and Naomie Harris. Some of the most exquisite women in the world have been Bond girls, including Ursula Andress, Kim Basinger, Halle Berry, and Teri Hatcher. A lot of Bond girls, pretty much unknown when cast, went on to have successful acting careers. Let's get the 411 on Bond's latest lovelies.
- Thirty-two-year-old Parisian-born model and actress Berenice plays Severine. Berenice's exotic dark looks are perfect for international intrigue. She has a French mother and a Cambodian/Chinese father.
- She gets to shower with James Craig. In the film, people, the film!
- She's mostly known for her small roles on French TV.
- She had difficulty getting roles because she wasn't seen as "looking French."
- She had a dream about starring with Javier Bardem six months before she got an audition for Skyfall, in which Bardem plays a villain.
- Thirty-four-year-old Naomie plays Eve. She was born in London and is the daughter of a television scriptwriter.
- Naomie gets to shave Daniel Craig in the film and you'll never look at a straight razor the same again!
- It's really her next film, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, in which she plays Nelson Mandela's wife, Winnie, that will probably catapult her to stardom.
- She was in the last two Pirates of the Caribbean films.
- She voices characters in video games. (Well, doubt she'll be doing much of that now.)
- She appeared on the cover of the Hollywood Reporter with the rest of the Bond cast and was on the November cover of InStyle.
Do you plan to see Skyfall? Who is your favorite Bond girl?
Images via MGM/Columbia Pictures