Go '50 Shades of Grey' This Halloween: How to Dress as Anastasia & Christian
by Maressa Brown
October 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM
There's no doubt about it. Halloween 2012 is going to be chockablock with election-themed costumes from Big Bird to "binders full of women" to possibly even "horses and bayonets." But I'm betting the hilarious debate zinger-inspired get-ups can't overshadow another trend sure to reign supreme this Halloween: Fifty Shades of Grey costumes! Fan faves for the Fifty Shades film leads like Ian Somerhalder and Lucy Hale be damned, because on Halloween, anyone can play Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele!
Here's what you'll need if you -- or you and your S.O. -- are thinking of going as E.L. James' BDSM-lovin' characters.
To Dress as Anastasia:
- To prove just how willing you are to "submit," you may want to accessorize with ... metal handcuffs.
- And/or a blindfold.
- A pair of sky-high, (faux is fine) designer pumps, like the ones Ana rocks later in the series.
- To nod to the masquerade ball Ana and Christian attend, you could wear a sequin mask.
- If you're not a natural brunette, you'll probably need a brown wig. Being that Ana was based on Bella from Twilight, this Kristen Stewart-inspired one would be perfect!
- Depending on where you're going and how risque you can dress, you may wanna rock some Fifty Shades-inspired lingerie.
To Dress as Christian:
- For starters, a sexy grey suit is a must.
- As is a gray tie.
- To prove you mean business with being a Dom, you may need to accessorize with ... metal handcuffs.
- And/or a riding crop.
- A bottle of fancy wine or champagne. You'll have to memorize the tasting notes, varietal, etc. and then share that info with potential subs to impress them.
- A black Audi R8 Spyder ... or at least, a faux key to one.
Do you think we'll see a lot of Fifty Shades-inspired costumes this Halloween? Would you ever dress up as Ana or have your S.O. be Christian?
Image via Claudio Matsuoka/Flickr
Click the "Like" button below if you're a fan of Fifty Shades of Grey!
Halloween Facebook: Click "like" if you love Halloween!