Just when we thought all hope was lost in Hollywood, and those dummies prestigious folks behind the major movie awards would never truly recognize strong, funny women by hiring them to host their shows, the Golden Globes went and made our wildest dream come true! The most hilarious BFFs in Hollywood, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, are hosting the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards, airing January 13! Hooray!
This is a huuuuge in-your-face to the Oscars, who just a few weeks ago decided to almost exclusively cater to the bros by going with the "unconventional" pick of Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane to host this year's broadcast. But besides that, there are many reasons to look forward to the dynamic duo as Globes hosts this year ...
- They're hilarious ... and brilliant on their own. Everyone knows Tina is the genius behind Mean Girls, Baby Mama, countless hilarious SNL skits, 30 Rock, her book, Bossypants ... Likewise, Amy has been feted for starring on SNL, a slew of hilarious flicks (including her buddy Tina's flicks, Mean Girls and Baby Mama), Parks and Recreation, and offering girls the best advice on body image Of All Time.
- But together, they're even FUNNIER! "Tina and Amy have a proven chemistry and comedic timing from their many years together on SNL to their successful co-starring roles in Baby Mama," says Paul Telegdy, president of alternative and late-night programming for NBC Entertainment. That's RIGHT! Abbott and Costello, Laurel and Hardy who?!
- They'll set a new standard of awards show funny. For some reason, I don't see them pulling out the same ol' tricks. Even their roasting of fellow celebs will be on a different level than Ricky Gervais. Cuz their brand of humor can be so dry and playful at the same time!
- Oscars? What's that? Most years, we kinda just see the Golden Globes as the Academy Awards' warm-up act. With Tina and Amy at the helm this year, it's clear the Globes will be in a league of their own and even outshine the Oscars!
- MOM POWER! There's no doubt about it: Tina and Amy are two of the funniest moms in the biz. Come Globes Night, they're sure to make their kiddos very proud. (And hopefully, Amy's estranged hubs from whom she split last month, Will Arnett, will be kicking himself, too!)
- WOMAN POWER! Their fab performance will effectively shut up all those delusionally sexist men in show biz who still can't wrap their heads around the idea of smart women being just as -- or even more -- funny than men. And show our daughters that women can run the show and rack up major laughs!
Check out this video for more on the helllaaaa exciting news:
Are you psyched to watch Tina and Amy host the Globes in January? What are you most looking forward to?
Image via David Shankbone/Flickr