Loyal followers of Christian Grey are finally starting to get what they've been waiting for. Well, sort of. It's not like Universal Pictures seems to be attempting to throw the Fifty Shades of Grey movie together at warp speed, but they appear to be getting the ball rolling. And as a result, some concrete details have been emerging slowly but surely. (Satiating our appetites with bits and pieces of news is better than nothing, right?!)
So, although it's still early yet, here's what we know about the hotly-anticipated, sexy flick (so far) ...
- The producers behind The Social Network are onboard. Back in July, Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti were hired to co-produce the flick, and if their previous work is any indication of what they'll be doing to Fifty Shades, we have -- at the very least -- a chilling score, sexy cinematography, and incredibly paced storyline to look forward to. Whoohoo!
- An up-and-coming, celebrated screenwriter will pen the screenplay. Kelly Marcel was hired just last week, and given that she's already proven her "passionate commitment to emotion, humor and depth of character" as producer Michael De Luca put it, it sounds like she'll certainly be bringing something stellar to the table.
- Which means ... American Psycho author Bret Easton Ellis is officially no longer even a remote possibility and hence why he's been acting like a jealous freak!
- The film will have to meet an R-rating. To get the big box office draw they want, there's no way Universal's going to let the screenplay steer into NC-17 territory, so say goodbye to some of the raunchier bits now.
- There's no director yet, but Angelina Jolie might be interested! That is if the A-lister, who recently made her directorial debut, is not too busy getting married to Brad Pitt or saving the world or playing a Lara Croft-like character for the 60,000th time.
- The film will likely star ... E.L. James! The author wants to have a teensy cameo in the film, and I'm guessing the producers won't have an issue writing the writer herself in!
- The film could star ... As Christian Grey, True Blood heartthrob Alexander Skarsgard, who joked with Access Hollywood: "Where do I sign?!" OR Vampire Diairies' Ian Somerhalder who has been vocal about his interest and recently said he "gets why [the book] has taken the way it has." As Anastasia Steele, perhaps Emma Watson or Pretty Little Liars' Lucy Hale, who have both recently expressed their interest.
- The film won't necessarily star ... Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, who E.L. James was inspired by but seems to have written off completely. And also Ryan Gosling, who E.L. James wants us to know isn't her Christian Grey, you know, yet.
- E.L. James is keeping her lips sealed on the cast. Like it or not, the author isn't spilling any details about potential Christians and Anas yet. Why? "It gets messy," she told E! News in September. "You might end up with somebody else [other than who I originally said]."
What do you think has been the most exciting Fifty Shades of Grey movie news so far?