I can't lie, I'd rather watch Bill O'Reilly and Jon Stewart debate any day over President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. Mostly because, well, the results are a whole lot more comical. FOX News' O'Reilly and the host of Comedy Central's The Daily Show went head-to-head Saturday night in a debate live from George Washington University, appropriately titled "Rumble In the Air-Conditioned Auditorium."
Yeah it may not have been the most important debate of election 2012 and you did have to pay $4.95 to stream it online at the time, but the 90-minute exchange touched on many of this year's biggest issues from the war in Afghanistan to ... Oprah. Much more fun to gab about than the debt crisis, eh?
On that note, let's take a look at 10 of the best lines from last night's Stewart and O'Reilly's debate:
1."I have come here tonight to plead to the mayor of Bullshit Mountain ... talk to your people." -- Stewart in reference to a recent episode of The Daily Show
2. When asked "Which famous person would you save if the U.S. were burning?" O'Reilly answered "Oprah -- she's worth about $100 billion."
More from The Stir: Big Bird Bites Back at Mitt Romney & Shows Up Daniel Craig on 'SNL' (VIDEO)
3."Fifty percent of people know nothing ... The Jersey Shore people ... the Colbert watchers." -- O'Reilly
4. "What would you like for Christmas, little boy?" -- O'Reilly to Stewart
5. "We are a people that went to another country, saw other people on it and said 'Yeah, we want that.' Have you ever seen Oprah's favorite things episode?" -- Stewart in reference to the U.S. being an entitlement nation
6. "I like you much better that way," O'Reilly commenting on Jon Stewart's higher position atop a mechanical pedestal he brought to the occasion
7. "Buy your own!" -- O'Reilly joking to Stewart about the massive flashcards he brought to the debate
8. "Why is it that if you take advantage of a tax break, you're a smart businessman, but if you take advantage of something you need to not be hungry, you're a moocher?" -- Stewart on the use of food stamps
9. "I'd have to say Clint Eastwood." -- O'Reilly on who he'd like to see as president
10. "The display that you saw tonight is why America is America. Robust, creative, no holds barred. You can call it whatever you want, but you wouldn't see this in a lot of other countries. That's for sure." -- O'Reilly to reporters after the debate
Miss out on the action last night? Watch The Rumble in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium in full, here:
Did you watch the debate last night? Who would you rather watch, Stewart vs. O'Reilly or Obama vs. Romney?
Image via Jamie McCarthy/ Getty Images