Arnold Schwarzenegger is desperately trying to dig himself out of his shame hole after having an affair and a child with his maid, Mildred Baena. He's written an autobiography and has taped a 60 Minutes interview (airing Sunday) in which he says the affair was a stupid mistake: "I think it was the stupidest thing I've done in the whole relationship. It was terrible. I inflicted tremendous pain on Maria and unbelievable pain on the kids."
Yep, he's right about that -- cheating on Maria was the stupidest thing he's ever done in his marriage. But I would take it a step further -- I'd say cheating on Maria with the maid was the stupidest thing he's ever done in his entire LIFE. And that's saying a lot! Let's look at a few of the other stupid things Arnold Schwarzenegger has done throughout his lifetime.
1. The movie Junior. Arnold plays a man who gets pregnant. One of the worst big-budget films EVER MADE. Nobody ever asked to see Arnold Schwarzenegger pregnant. Naked, yes. But pregnant, no. See also, Twins.
2. Using steroids. Schwarzenegger has admitted to taking performance-enhancing anabolic steroids back when they were legal. He has no regrets, but now the consensus is that performance-enhancing steroids are dangerous to your health.
3. Lying about his height (allegedly). Schwarzenegger says he's 6'2". Others say he's shorter -- possibly even 5'10". If you ever find yourself with too much time on your hands, you can explore the debate at ArnoldHeight.com.
4. Gropegate. During his first gubernatorial campaign, several women claimed Schwarzenegger had made unwelcome sexual advances on them. Arnold came out looking very handsy indeed!
5. Ethics violations. Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington named Schwarzenegger one of the worst governors in the nation because of several alleged ethics violations.
Yup, those were all stupid things to do. But I still think none of these compare with the awful affair that tore apart his family. It's going to take a long time for them to heal from that awful mistake.
Do you think Schwarzenegger is sincerely sorry for his biggest mistake?
Image via CBS/TMZ