5 Secrets From 'Teen Mom' Farrah Abraham's Memoir That Explain Everything
Of all the stars of Teen Mom, Farrah Abraham has struggled hardest to separate herself from her past. And yet the release of her memoir, My Teenage Dream Ended, by MTV's book publishing arm this week rockets you right back to her days on 16 and Pregnant. Only you didn't see any of this in your living room.
The Stir got a sneak peek at the book that goes behind the scenes of her life before she got pregnant with Sophia, before she signed on to work with MTV. She gives a full account of her entire relationship with her daughter's father, Derek Underwood, including how she got pregnant, and something more ... an understanding of the petulant teen we've often seen lash out at her parents.
This girl hasn't had it easy. She got pregnant as a teenager, then her baby's father died. But the parents we've seen as constants in her life weren't always so constant. Just get a load of some of these revelations:
1. She Went to Derek's Funeral Alone: We now know that Sophia's dad died in a car accident shortly before she gave birth. What we didn't know is how Farrah's parents treated the loss. According to her memoir, they proceeded as if he'd never existed at all. Ouch!
2. Her Mom Isn't the Only One Who's Been Arrested: We've seen the aftermath of Debra assaulting Farrah play out on Teen Mom. What we've never heard about were two arrests Farrah's dad Michael had -- both for incidents involving Derek. To give him be fair, the first involved him finding the two teens having sex ... in her sister's bed!
3. Her Parents Split Up ... a Lot: Debra and Michael officially announced their divorce on MTV, but Farrah describes a childhood when they were constantly on the outs. At times she even references her "dad's house" because the couple aren't living together.
4. Her Mom Made Her Pregnancy Decision for Her: Farrah had talked about a medical abortion, but Debra wasn't hearing any of it ... she decided that Farrah would have a baby, and the teenager really had no say in it.
5. Farrah Lied to MTV: Because her parents didn't like Derek, Farrah didn't want them to know when she spoke to him ... so she hid that from MTV. Later she pretended she wasn't going to his funeral so the cameras wouldn't follow her and she could say a final goodbye without the world watching.
Do some of these revelations make you understand why it's taken Farrah so long to come around to her parents? There's plenty more in the book!
Image via Amazon
Piping Hot Posts