Well, of course The Spice Girls should perform at Sunday's 2012 Olympic Closing Ceremony. Was there ever any question? Hello?! The Olympics are in London, if you remember, and The Spice Girls ... are there, too. I think. Either way, they're definitely British, so it's only fair the "girls" should reunite for the momentous occasion.
Mel C., otherwise known as Scary Spice, said as much a few months back: "I'd be really upset if the Spice Girls weren't included in the Olympics, whether it be the opening or closing ceremonies or any other playlists, because I think we absolutely represented Britain in the '90's."
And what are the 2012 Olympics about if not honoring some flash-in-the-pan "music" group from, what, 15 years ago now? Never mind the fact that Victoria Beckham was apparently so loathe to remind the world from whence she came that she reportedly agreed to the Olympics gig only if everybody promised The Spice Girls would never have to get back together again. NEVER EVER.
Anyway, it's not like the Olympics so far haven't been a big mish-mash of Scary/Sporty/Posh/Baby-ish/Ginger hijinks. Here, a handy Spice Girls-themed breakdown of the 2012 Olympics:
1. Posh Olympics Moment How 'bout those $2500 bedazzled uniforms on the Team USA Gymnasts? Now that's some posh spice.
2. Baby-ish Olympics Moment Poor Lolo Jones is more than just a sex symbol, you guys. BOO-HOO.
3. Ginger Olympics Moment Redheaded Brit Greg Rutherford winning the gold medal in long jump, obviously.
4. Scary Olympics Moment No question: Ryan Lochte's peeing-in-the-pool declaration. Ewww.
5. Sporty Olympics Moment I'm pretty sure the whole thing is supposed to be sporty, right?
Just think, only 2 days until The Spice Girls, er, sing again!
Are you looking forward to The Spice Girls' performance at the 2012 Olympics Closing Ceremony?