So the official word is that season 3 of Game of Thrones won't come out until ... March 31, 2013!! I KNOW. That is simply way too long to wait. So, in order to get our fill during these long few months (winter is coming, after all), let's all give a high five to Peter Dinklage for his amazing turn yet again as Tyrion Lannister in season 2. Everyone uncork your wine bottles because Dinklage was just nominated for an Emmy in the outstanding supporting actor in a drama category!
Of course, if you're a fan of the show, you see why he won last year in the same category. Season 2 certainly didn't disappoint ... except that it didn't show more of Tyrion and his handsome mug as well as his clever one-liners. Here's a roundup of THE BEST Tyrion moments in season 2 to get you excited for his nom (congrats!) and to see him again in season 3.
Got your wine ready? Here are six classic Tyrion lines/moments:
1. "I'm not questioning your honor ... I'm denying its existence."
2. "Why are all the gods such vicious c*nts? Where's the god of t*ts and wine?"
3. "Enough. Even torturing you is boring."
4. Joffrey SMACK. "And now I've struck a king. Did my hand fall from my wrist?!"
5. "You love your children. It's your one redeeming quality ... that and your cheekbones."
6. "Those are brave men knocking on our door. Let's go kill them!"
Of course, the writing is brilliant, but Dinklage's delivery makes these lines classics. He simply commands every scene he's in, and we fans can't get enough of him. I can't wait to see him in season 3, based off A Storm of Swords, the best book in the series (so far)!
Come on, Emmy people, do the right thing and help prove that "a very small man can cast a very large shadow."
Want to see all of these moments for yourself? Check out the video!
And now for your viewing pleasure, here's Dinklage winning the big prize last year!
Are you a Game of Thrones or Peter Dinklage fan?
Image via 5min