So pretty much everybody agrees that Savannah Guthrie is probably definitely maybe going to replace Ann Curry on Today. Okay. I'm not going to bother debating whether or not Curry deserves to be replaced or how much money she should get from NBC, because that just wouldn't be fair to Guthrie. After all, the woman has worked extremely hard (seriously! Details in a minute!) to get where she is today and she's certainly earned the right to be known as an individual, not just Ann Curry's replacement.
With that in mind, I decided to learn a little bit more about Ann Curry's replacement Savannah Guthrie. Sure, I've seen her on Today a bunch of times and she's super cute and bright and smiley and seems like she was essentially born to be a news anchor, but I didn't know that much about her pre-morning talk show life.
Except, guess what? I know lots of stuff about Savannah Guthrie now, and after the jump, so will you!
Here are some things about Savannah Guthrie you absolutely need to know:
1. Savannah Guthrie is no dummy. She graduated with honors from Georgetown Law Center, and she is a member of the bar in Washington and Arizona. And she first joined NBC as a legal analyst in 2007.
2. Savannah Guthrie does not like frogs. So shut up about your stinking frogs, okay?
3. No one seems to know how tall Savannah Guthrie really is. Some say 6 feet, some say 5'11" -- definitely not short, either way.
4. Savannah Guthrie was born in Australia. To kangaroo parents. (Okay, I made that last part up.)
5. Savannah Guthrie is really, really bad at hurdles. She said so herself! Need video evidence? Watch the clip below.
So, she's smart and tall and definitely not headed to the Olympics ...
What do you know about Savannah Guthrie?