Is there anything Johnny Depp can't do? I mean, did you SEE him play with the Black Keys at the MTV Movie Awards?!
(That was a strictly rhetorical question, by the way. I mean the first one about if there's anything Depp can't do. If you even had to think about the answer, well, then, we are just not on the same page.)
Anyway, in case you missed it, Depp jammed with the Black Keys at the MTV Movie Awards the other night, and it was a phenomenal moment in the history of mankind. Not like we didn't already know what a rock star Johnny is at heart -- he started playing guitar well before he started acting, and he's rocked with everybody from Alice Cooper to Patti Smith. But the Black Keys were apparently so impressed with Depp's axe-slinging skills that they're talking about starting a T-Rex cover band with the actor.
Brilliant, say I! But why stop with T-Rex? I can think of many more cover bands that would be just perfect with Depp on lead guitar. And vocals, whenever possible.
1. The Rolling Stones An obvious choice, I know, given the whole Johnny Depp/Keith Richards/Jack Sparrow connection. But still. Start me up, indeed.
2. The Doors C'mon Johnny, light my fire. (Whilst wearing leather pants.)
3. Led Zeppelin I once heard Depp say that "Stairway to Heaven" was the first song he learned to play all the way through on guitar. That's so deep, dude.
4. Guns 'n' Roses Naturally Slash will need to let Johnny borrow his hat. Though Axl's bandana would look pretty hot on him, too.
5. Black Sabbath You are Iron Man, Johnny.
6. The Ramones Who needs to be sedated? When Johnny's on guitar, life is good.
7. The Cure Because Robert Smith's trademark hair and makeup would work soooo well on Depp!
What cover band would you want to see Johnny Depp join?
Image via MTV