I don't know about you, but I'm already a little sad that Breaking Dawn Part 2 is the last of the Twilight movies. It's been so much fun following Bella and Edward's eternal love story, and while I can't wait to see the film in November, its release will definitely be bittersweet.
But I guess the good news is that another film based on Stephenie Meyer's books is set to come out in 2013, The Host. And this one isn't about vampires, but it does involve aliens, which is still pretty cool, right? The film is basically about aliens who invade human bodies as take them over -- hence the whole "host" thing.
Judging from Stephenie Meyer's success with the Twilight Saga, there are pretty high hopes for this film. And based on what we know about the movie so far, it sounds like it's going to deliver some pretty decent action.
Here are 5 things that make The Host sound like it may be worth getting our hopes up for:
1. Saoirse Ronan and Max Irons are the star couple of the film, and it's kind of hard to miss the fact that they somewhat resemble Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. If The Host takes off, they could be Hollywood's next "it" couple, forcing Bella and Edward to take a back seat. OMG. These two should start dating now to give themselves a leg up on RPatz & KStew.
2. Max and Saoirse's characters are kind of a backwards Edward and Bella, because Saoirse is the one who has been invaded by an alien host, while Max is the handsome human she can't help but be attracted to. It will be kind of fun to watch the girl be the "predator" for a change.
3. Diane Kruger plays the bad girl in the film -- an alien sent to take over the population of Earth. She's got that whole mysterious vibe going on, so this should be a great role for her. She has major creep potential.
4. Did you catch the tagline on the film's new movie poster pictured above? It was just released (it's pretty sexy, isn't it?) "You Will Be One Of Us." That line alone has me pretty excited, because it gives the impression that the movie will really suck us in. And we'll need something new to obsess over after Breaking Dawn Part 2 is released.
5. The film comes out on March 29th, 2013, so we only have to wait about 4 months after Breaking Dawn Part 2 to get our Stephenie Meyer fix. Let's hope The Host satisfies our thirst for romance, intrigue, and action -- just like the Twilight films did.
You can watch the spooky teaser trailer of The Host below.
Are you as excited about The Host as you were about the Twilight Saga films?
Image via Chockstone Pictures