America's sweet-tart Betty White just turned 90, and she celebrated in a style fitting her legendary status. No, not in a giant pouf of whipped cream surrounded by Playgirl models, although that also would have been appropriate. Betty celebrated with a big TV bonanza, "A Tribute to America’s Golden Girl," broadcast on NBC yesterday. Friends young and not-so-young toasted her, including Amy Poehler, Mary Tyler Moore, Ed Asner, Carol Burnett, Ellen DeGeneres, Tina Fey, Tracy Morgan, Morgan Freeman, Hugh Jackman, and Jay Leno.
Oh yeah, and President Obama sent a special video birthday greeting in which he proved Betty is 90 by offering the public the long-form version of her birth certificate. Is there anyone left who hasn't had the chance to wish Betty a happy 90th? Me! I'd like to wish Betty a happy 90th by remembering some of my favorite Betty White moments.
1. Here's a compilation of some of Betty White's funniest lines as the ditzy Rose on the series Golden Girls.
2. With all the Stephen Colbert brouhaha, you may have forgotten that Betty White is also running for president! She announced her run to much late-night fanfare with Craig Ferguson. She's got my vote.
4. The people spoke, and we made it so: After an incredible Facebook campaign, Betty White hosted Saturday Night Live. And it was good, yeah, and there was dancing and laughter among the people. Betty killed. Remember "My muffin hasn't had a cherry since 1939" -- ? Zoiks, Betty!
5. This hot Marine invited Betty to the Marine Ball. All because she's "funny, she's sweet, she's mature, she's the all-around perfect woman ..." Dang, I'm kind of jealous just watching this again, now.
6. Betty opened the NFL season with this video saluting football's hottest players. Oh my, now I am ready for some football!
7. Who else gets a proposal from Zachary Levi, star of the TV hit Chuck, for her 90th birthday? BETTY FREAKIN' WHITE, THAT'S WHO! Happy birthday, lady.
What are your favorite Betty White moments?
Image via espnsciallis/YouTube