Ahhh, 2011. It's been quite a year for the who's who of Hollywood, hasn't it? Of course, it's no secret that the year didn't go quite as smoothly for some of our favorite celebrities. In fact, 2011 might be just one nude photo leak away from being the most scandalous year yet!
Luckily for those ill-fated stars, it's time for the New Year, which means a clean slate for everyone. I can think of quite a few Hollywood stars who are in desperate need of a fresh start.
So let's journey back, shall we? Let's remember the good, the bad, and the ugly. Or how about just the bad and ugly? Here are eight of the year's most scandal-afflicted celebrities, who we bet can't wait to say goodbye to 2011 and ring in a sparkly new 2012.
8. Christina Aguilera: Whether she was butchering the National Anthem, getting arrested for public intoxication, or denying pregnancy rumors based on some weight gain -- it's fair to say 2011 was not kind to poor Christina. But I guess it makes her that much stronger, makes her work a little bit harder, and makes her that much wiser, so thanks for making her a fighter ...
7. Suri Cruise: Pssht, Suri Cruise is so over being 5 years old. This chick is onto bigger and better things -- like being 6 years old, wearing lots more lipstick, and trying her hand at total world domination. Plus, little Cruise is so ready to put that embarrassing penis candy fiasco behind her and have her Daddy remodel her $100,000 treehouse -- it's no longer big enough to store her 130 pairs of heels.
6. Bradley Cooper: Bradley, if you're reading this, I'd like you to know I love you. I do. But after thoughtful deliberation, I still felt that you deserved to be on this list. Hear me out. You broke it off with long-term girlfriend Renee Zellweger (totally fine with this; you'd look better with a brunette anyway), and then you got not-so-favorable ratings for The Hangover 2 (I happened to LOVE your portrayal as Phil). Such terrible luck! To make the year worse, when you were finally honored with the Sexiest Man Alive title, a title that I believe you fully deserve, you got hated on. Where's the love? I'll tell you where. Right here. Call me.
5. Charlie Sheen: In case you've been living under a rock, Charlie Sheen went bat shit crazy this year. That's about all you need to know.
4. Scarlett Johansson: ScarJo tried getting over her hunk of man candy ex-husband (Ryan Reynolds) by dating an older hunk of man candy (Sean Penn), but that also didn't work out. And just when things seemed to be calming down for the girl, a glimpse of her ta-tas and booty hit the internet. Tough year for Scarlett, indeed.
3. Lindsay Lohan: Lindsay, Lindsay, Lindsay ... after your scandal-cursed 2010, I wondered how could things possibly get worse for you? But in 2011, it's been more of the same -- is she in jail, is she out of jail, who really knows anymore? So in an effort to save time, I'll make this quick: Samantha Ronson, rehab fights, jewelry thief, slutty white dress, yellow teeth, bronzer overload, Playboy shoot, crazy Dina Lohan, off-the deep-end Michael Lohan, sister's plastic surgery (or was it?), rehab, rehab, rehab, morgue. Phew, that was exhausting.
2. Ashton Kutcher: After all those ruthless seasons of Punk'd, it seems as though the joke's finally on you, Kutcher. Sure, you got a great-paying gig, a bitchin' trailer, and threw one of the year's most memorable hotel parties. However, none of that can really make up for the heartache you caused, which resulted in the ugly, year-end nosedive of your marriage. Better luck next year!
1. Kim Kardashian: One thing's for sure, Kim made BANK this year -- but even that won't turn her lip-glossed frown upside down. I don't know why, but I really feel sorry for her and, as a fan, it's my obligation to defend her. So whether you think she's phony or fake, or you're just plain sick of her -- back off! Can't a girl have a 72-day marriage anymore?
Which star do you think had the worst year?
Image via R I V A/Flickr